Realistic Independent Suspension on Roblox? What do you think?

Yep, it is possible … because I have made it possible.
What do you think?

P.S. Steering has not been made possible yet, since I have to build another set of arms for the front suspension. I have just put it like that, so I can test the suspension. Also, you may see 2 black rods hanging about, and that’s because I have to build the front diffuser.

Video:

Credits: me

12 Likes

Nice!
I’ve done some more basic types of independent suspension, but you can try them here.

1 Like

It’s great! But it needs more bounce.

I’ve done something as well by using the latest A-Chassis version, 1.5, since it has a new independent wishbone suspension system. A lot of people think that A-Chassis is unrealistic, but in reality, people just don’t know how to use it. Here’s the link to the game so I can prove it to you:
https://www.roblox.com/games/7653971471/Earth-Gravity-Driving-Game

P.S. Before you even drive the car, it has an ignition system by pressing Left Control and it requires you to shift gears by pressing Q and E.

This is pretty neat. I really love seeing vehicles being realistic added to games, it just makes the experience very much more enjoyable. Don’t know what kind of car you’re aiming for here, but I do wish it comes with a heck of a lot of features! Best of luck, love to see more updates about this.

1 Like

Please im begging you how did you make those pistons for the suspension

Pistons or shock absorbers are easy.
I use a larger diameter cylinder for the outer section.
A smaller inner cylinder (the piston) that has a high reflectance.
Make the inner Cylinder CanCollide false, or put all the cylinders and pistons in one Collision Group and make the group not collide with itself.
Add a PrismaticConstraint attached to the cylinder at one end and to the piston at the other end for the movement.
It looks like @Distruction_Ultimate used a mesh for the coils, or they used a ring mesh at either end and used a SpringConstraint for the actual coils.