Realistic lighting & weather

Greetings! I am a Builder/Scripter currently working on a project named, “Summer’s Valley.” I believe I am nearing completion of some house models, and lighting/FX for the game. I would like to ask you guys what you think of these. I’ve included neighborhood morning pictures, post-rain evening pictures, and during rain pictures. What do you guys think? (Some minor things to note: The entire leaf mesh shaking will be split into several branches that will shake individually, this is just an area of work that needs to be complete :slight_smile: . Also, the black atmosphere will be hidden in the final works.)

39 Likes

That is incredible! Honestly the best build I have seen in the DevForum in years! Keep up the effort!

3 Likes

This is amazing! I love the rain effects on the screen, and the lighting looks perfect! Great job!

4 Likes

The lighting here creates some of the best realistic scenery I have seen in a while.

I suggest looking into implementing/creating custom PBR materials to take these builds one step further. With that, I couldn’t even begin to imagine how great your experience will look.

4 Likes

my first question… HOW!!!

it’s truly amazing that you created that in Roblox, it’s got like the Roblox feel to it but it just looks off in a good way. I also love how you created the texture of the leaves…

10/10

5 Likes

Insanity, it looks like you went outside your house and took a picture.

The only thing that gives it away is the skybox, bot otherwise, great job!

2 Likes

Those rain effects have got to be the best that I have seen in a long time. Extremely good use of particles and lighting. Very impressed

2 Likes

Holy cow, I Thought the 3rd was a real life reference… It wasn’t lol

4 Likes

This is so well done! The weather effects also look extremely clean.

2 Likes

The rain effect is really nice

Question, How did you animate the rain effect? Blender?

This is basically how I did it haha.

Dom how did u get the lighting to look like that it looks amazing

This is so good i thought the first two pictures were real life. Lighting is like a dream.

I believe the rain on the screen is achieved by creating glass balls near the camera, tweening them, and then bluring them using depth of feild.