Realistic Playable Guitar

I’ve been working alone on a huge Cyberpunk style RPG for a couple of months now, and very soon will release a playable alpha of the game for public testing.
So time to start sharing some of the cool stuff I made for it.

Realistic Playable Guitar:

1. Just like with a real guitar, you use left hand to pick notes (frets), and right hand for strumming/fingerpicking.
    You can play a string either by clicking on it, or by moving the mouse over it while holding LMB.
    If you do not hold down any number keys, it will play the open string. If you hold down a number key, it will play the corresponding fret of that string (up to 12 frets on 1 string).
    (The mouse icon position isn’t correct on the video, it is more right than it actually was in the game)

2. If you choose the “Chords” play mode, it will hold down the frets of the chord for you, all you need to do is strum with your right hand (mouse). You can choose the chords by number keys. You can assign the chords you want to the numbers you want.

3. In a “Solo” play mode, if you change the fret while holding down LeftShift, it will simulate sliding on the string, instead of just momentarily changing the note.

4. The system is modular, and has no effect on performance. Because it’s modular, I can add more chords very easily. Currently there are only all the basic Major and Minor chords, but soon I will add flats, sharps, diminished and all the other imaginable chords.

Also planning to add option of custom tuning of strings, and sound choices (Electric, Acoustic, etc.)

The songs you can hear played on the video - Seven Nation Army, and House of Rising Sun.

If you got interested in the game, you can subscribe to the channel or join our server in the description, to not miss out on the very soon release.

12 Likes

pretty cool

_-------------------

1 Like

Wow, that guitar is really cool! You have to keep up the good work.

1 Like

Added Most chords (Seventh, Diminished, sharps, flats)

Wow, this looks good! Is the game only going to be for computer?

1 Like

Yes. On Mobile controls would be too complicated, and Xbox places too many limitations because of it’s guidelines (no chat, no violence, etc.). So PC only.

1 Like

Alright. I hope making the game goes well!

1 Like