Realistic Terrain (2022)

Hey there, some of you may have seen my previous post on realistic terrain. This is my 2022 version.

I have been working on realism for a while now. Some of my early work being Stuff like this.

This work is not bad however I am lacking key elements.
My first mistake was using roblox rock terrain, it is too spikey and really makes you lose a sense of reality in your build.

Instead I replaced that with 3D modeled rocks from the megascans provided by the roblox team.
here is a link to the pack so you can access the same materials I used.

Here is my layout for a shooting range I was working on. I had a few ideas that I really wanted to capture with this. To start I wanted to make this com off of a road, this would be a little divot with a dirt road leading from the main road. So I got to work.

I did some research and found that the dotted lines, or lines that look like this ( - - - ) mean you are allowed to pass or turn, they allow leeway on the road.

So that is what I did.

This entire thing took me 8 hours to complete but the final result is more advanced than any of my previous work.

Welcome to the Militant shooting range.

This game is unreleased at this time, however, if you would like to be updated on this game join the discord server here:

We have multiple other games that I hope you can enjoy aswell.

50 Likes

Awesome. It’s getting close to the Ark survival realism.
Great to see people posting assets to replace Epic (Quixel Megascans) ones!

2 Likes

Wow, legend of zelda quality

I like it, it seems like developers make really good stuff nowadays

2 Likes

This is super cool! Could you maybe link a game so we could test out and play with the terrain?

1 Like

The game is still in development but I will be happy to link the discord server for it.

1 Like

I hope you mean the new one LOL!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I stopped using the Quixel Megas because they are actually illegal to use on roblox, due to the contradicting terms of service Roblox and Epic games have.

1 Like

Yup, I was saying that soon Megascans won’t be the only source for realistic meshes as a lot of talented Roblox devs like you are also making them!

However regarding the Roblox still-crap toolbox, it stays a tiny bit inconvenient to implement them.

1 Like

While I do make realistic mesh’s, these are actually supplied to all developers by roblox, I simply implemented them into my work.

1 Like

this looks really good! im excited to play.

1 Like

Ok, this is actually really cool.

How do you manage to compose all of this, and how much of it is built/modeled by you?

I’m trying to make some kind of military training arena with the same quality as this, but I really struggle with finding good, quality props to use.

1 Like

why is this a community resource… might want to move it to a more fitting category

I’d recommend making the grass less gray. In real life, grass is usually yellowish if it’s dying or about the same shade of green as tree leaves if it’s healthy. Additionally the dirt in the parts by the highway and trampled pathways feels a bit green? It may look better if it were brown. If you want the scenery to look more natural, you should add some of those ground plants around the road. Hope this helped.

Overall, very nice! Significantly better than the terrain in most modern games. Just needs a few minor adjustments for extra realism imo.

oh and by the way, I am curious how you’d make a winter version of this map. It may actually be easier to make it more cold and dreary than more lively. If you want my advice with this, feel free to ask.

2 Likes

The only things not made by me are the nature objects that is it.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback especially on the grass, I will make a note of it all! Also this is a community recourse because I have linked the recourses I used and I am trying to allow people to make what I make with that recourse.

This is amazing work with the terrain!

Can you open source some places? Just for the non-terrain designers.