Realistic Terrain | Is this even Roblox?

The pixelation in the sky and the weird clipping in the trees is a quite annoying issue for me (sorry for being nit picky I assume it’s difficult to fix with current technologies). The rest of this creation however is quite excellent

1 Like

It looks ok but don’t get too big headed. Not a fan of the lighting or the skybox.

I agree, with the recent release of geometric grass, users have begun to create unbelievably realistic games. If you look on the front page, there are those forest showcases and stuffx they use certain lighting to make them look realistic. In your build, attempt to change the skybox to a more ‘relaxing’ scene, and try to mess about with the lighting as well.

Will Do, I’ll be doing that now. I also may be releasing this as a free game, aka Uncopylocked for everyone to use however.

Nice job with that lighting! And the terrain itself looks much better with it!

1 Like

Excellent idea, then people can build and make it the way they want it to look.

1 Like

Well yes it’s Roblox otherwise you wouldn’t post it on here.

That aside, it does look quite nice, although the sky…

3 Likes

In my opinion the lighting is a little too dark for my liking. I’d suggest to make it a little brighter. Other than that it looks really good!

I don’t think you understood but, right.

I did understand the joke… I was building on it.

I don’t disagree any bit with that we should allow roblox to expand on their graphics but I can’t help but ask; what popular games offer custom-created characters? I don’t see any front page game, nor top 25 games use custom-created characters. Players enjoy using their own avatar, it is what makes Roblox so unique.

1 Like

You didn’t seem to get the joke. Oh well.

If you can’t handle the criticism, then don’t post here. The lighting is very dark, and Im on bright monitors. Not sure if this is what you were going for but you should fix that. Im also not sure that that thing is in the bottom right corner, but you may want to remove this.

What exactly do you mean? At no point did I NOT like the criticism here. There is a reason I posted it here and asked for “Feedback”.

1 Like

For an image being described as realistic terrain, I do not actually see much terrain and just see a few grass patches and a lot of trees. The lighting seems to harsh, however, after increasing my monitor lighting (I’m always as low as possible), the image does improve but still has similar issues.

A LOT of what you see here is lighting and maybe decals? The actual terrain its self is detailed BUT I think that its made up of mostly decals and really good lighting with sky box.

I have time to Read through the suggestions. Meaning I’ll be posting an Updated version of this picture soon. Thanks everyone who Liked, and Provided a Useful Suggestion. I will me implementing the new things very soon.

This is nice but do you have anymore screenshots? It’s hard to give feedback on one picture. The clouds in the skybox looks weird though. You might want to change it.