Realistic Water Simulation Script (Skinned mesh) - Free & Open-Source

hello!!

Well, I finally get to complete this water simulation script! It’s great to showcase it to the world; this was made to enhance game worlds, making them much more dynamic and interesting. It simulates not only some forms of buoyancy and wave effects, but also how players interact with water in open-world games, or even pirate adventure-type games.

Check out the GitHub Repository for the full source code and documentation.

or

Check out the uncopylocked game Water

Watch a Demo Video to see the water simulation in action for a little longer

Happy developing!!

24 Likes

Looks cool!

Have you done any performance testing?

How big can the water area be before there are performance issues?

Also I checked out the demo place…

Anyway of making the player able to stay floating on the surface and gently move up and down… also swim… and like move…

Thanks

1 Like

Tried out the demo place and it actually looks pretty good.

Though, one thing I have noticed is that if the camera in 3rd person is pointing downwards, the underwater effects won’t occur, and if the camera points upwards, the underwater effect constantly occurs.

Other than that, this looks pretty solid.

Yes! Everything is modular so you can change it to make the player float gently, i’ll make some presets when i have time. Swimming animation is not implemented, but i can add that! And the performance is decent, shouldn’t cause any issues unless you make it insanely huge (without added bones it should not be a problem), then i’d have to implement a LOD system

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, i’ll fix it later.

1 Like

thank you for sharing

1 Like

Am I supposed to be spinning like a beyblade? LOL, regardless though I love this, and will definitely be using it.

1 Like

Hey there! This is literally the most goofy water system ever :skull:

Is there any way I can stop making my character start spinning like a fidget spinner?