Realistic Water

Hello Everyone!, as the title says, today i was working on a Realistic Water that i pretend to use in the future, i wanted to know what you guys think about it, for me it looks awesome!, but that’s most be because i created it, of course its not perfect, but i think it looks good enough.

What do you guys think?

(Watch the video until the end to see the reflections)
Edit:
07/01/2023 - v1

07/02/2023 - v2

07/04/2023 - v3

7 Likes

I think the water should move a bit faster and it could be more transparent to make it seem more realistic. Otherwise it looks good!

4 Likes

Thanks for the Feedback!, it was a bug that i had with the foam part, i decided to remove it, now heres a video on a more simple map because the other one caused a lot of lag.

For some reason i can’t upload videos to the devforum, they always cause a error when they reach 100%

Did you speed up the water? If so I would speed it up more.

1 Like

is this just a retextured version of terrain water? the refraction wouldn’t seem possible without it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw a similiar one on toolbox, not saying that you stole it but it’s like I’ve seen it before

2 Likes

Hello Everyone Again!, so, after working basically all day on Textures on Sunday, i was finally able to make REALLY good looking realistic water, honestly the only thing missing here is a skinned mesh with wave animations.

2 Likes

yeah, both the first video and second video was from the toolbox, only my third video that i made actual textures for them

Looks really good! But why not just use the default roblox water?

1 Like

Terrain water is 4x4x4 grid based, and can’t be rotated. So if he will implement swimming system, he will receive much better water.

2 Likes

well, the builder that i am working with said he wanted to make some small pools around a fountain but the terrain water wasn’t a good option for him, so he asked if i had a script to make a better water for him, that’s why i started making this.

2 Likes

i already have a swimming system in another project of mine, i will surely update the water in my other game and send some pictures/gifs of it, i think it will be pretty cool.

Love the work! I was wondering if you were planning on releasing this.