Realtime screen in roblox! (outdated)

Hi,

I’m excited to share with you a project I’ve been working on for the past 6 months. It’s a program that uses Python and Lua to screenshot my PC, divide the pixel colors, and render them into frames at 50fps. The output is displayed on a 125p display.

I’m still working on using a localhost exposer to maybe make it work in-game, but I’m happy with the progress so far. I’d love to get your feedback on it.

here is some videos of it:
robloxapp-20230618-0848473.wmv (2.3 MB)

another vid:
robloxapp-20230618-0850063.wmv (4.4 MB)

I’d love to hear your feedback.

2 Likes

Approved! Very cool! Are you planning on open sourcing it?

1 Like

A “easy” way to do it is using CanvasDraw - A powerful pixel-based graphics engine (Draw pixels, lines, triangles, read PNG image data, and much more!) - #154 by Ethanthegrand14 to create a canvas to display stuff.

You use ffmpeg and pipe images at 5fps, use nodeJS JIMP to read each pixel from the image, convert it into a string and use HTTPService to read it on roblox.

damn bro people are this weird?

give me im very very trusted :pray:

How did you do this?, I made a similar one with nodejs but the problem is it takes 1 minute to load an 120x67 image (I used robotjs)

Coming back here months later, i made a new render it can go up to 60 fps with lua and python, use python instead since nodejs is pretty slow.

Thanks for the advice! (Nice work btw)

Thanks, also i got my render to work in-game if you wana see it, ill be streaming there sometime.

Do you have Discord?, I remade it with Python and it works but the screen is stretched

Nevermind i just made the X Size bigger.