Realtime Updating Lighting Properties

Its not really a major one, but it would help speed up the building process for some builders if we could just see the changes in the Lighting’s Ambience, OutdoorAmbient and all of the other color changing properties without having to click “ok” and re-do the process until we have achieved the right look for our place.

This would be interesting

in the meantime though, you could make a plugin with your own custom color wheel / pallet that allows you to see those updates real-time by updating the ambient and whatnot every time you move the slider.

I want this for many Color3 values, it can be so annoying when trying to find the right TextColor3, BackgroundColor3, Ambience, BorderColor, TextStrokeColor3, BrickColor, or ImageColor when you have to constantly click “OK”. It would definitely speed up the design process and make it significantly less strenuous for me, and most likely others who take a ton of consideration in color choice. There was an entire era where there wasn’t color in electronics and movies, make the most out of color. Real-time is the way to go for color-picking.

This actually was a thing for every Color3 for a couple days a few months back but the flag was turned off for some reason. I really loved it, it was awesome.

Bump.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

YES YES YES YES EYS YESEY ESYYSE YE

I wish this was around when I was making “change” it was so hard to get the fog color to merge with the skybox perfectly to create a infinite look to the ocean, a real time plugin would be super handy still.

I would love this so much!

I agree it would make easier for builders to set proper atmosphere.

Only problem I could see with this is recalculating lighting on a large place may cause Studio to hang momentarily, and setting it too sporadically may cause studio to stop responding for a short while.

Other than that, I wouldn’t mind such a feature.

[quote] Only problem I could see with this is recalculating lighting on a large place may cause Studio to hang momentarily, and setting it too sporadically may cause studio to stop responding for a short while.

Other than that, I wouldn’t mind such a feature. [/quote]

It deserves a toggle in the studio settings.

[quote] Only problem I could see with this is recalculating lighting on a large place may cause Studio to hang momentarily, and setting it too sporadically may cause studio to stop responding for a short while.

Other than that, I wouldn’t mind such a feature. [/quote]

I don’t think that would work like that. It’s not like vertice data changes, only colors, that pixel shader should use. I can take a look at their code, but as far as I remember, they directly ran those variables through shader.

Guys, chill out.

Wow, the quality of that gif (hard G plz) is

[spoiler=Here’s a screenshot:]This is how it’s supposed to look like (no mouse offset, either).

[/spoiler]

I will be taking all of your thank-you’s now. :evil:

EDIT: A big Thank-You (literally, also) to our new member THEvortexModels for bringing this topic back to life, without whom I never would have read this.

Here’s a quick preview video:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6FMmLiMjw

Here’s a quick preview: