Rearranging tools in backpack doesn't work anymore

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

With Roblox’s default backpack, it’s been a feature for a long time that you can press the ~ key to expand the backpack. Once expanded, you could view all the tools in your backpack, rather than just the ones in your hotbar. When expanded, you could rearrange tools in your hotbar, put tools in your hotbar, or take tools out of your hotbar.

What happens now, due to this bug, is that none of that works. You can’t rearrange tools in any way.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

To reproduce the bug, go to any place with Roblox’s default backpack, and try rearranging the tools (explanation of how above).

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

The bug happens one www, and is not specific to any game, but can be tested here:

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

The bug started happening on the most recent release (April 18th, 2018).

12 Likes

Confirmed in https://www.roblox.com/games/137885680/Zombie-Rush

4 Likes

Added it as a reference place.

This is in all games.
GIF: https://gyazo.com/74d280c7307a0d066cfa3a9eb39f4d1a

I widely use this feature. I hope this is fixed ASAP.

3 Likes

Very annoying bug. It limits gameplay in some games.

2 Likes

This bug made me come to the conclusion to never rely on Roblox’s backpack to have features it currently has. This bug is practically game breaking for me, as the order of tools is so important.

I wish a flag could’ve been disabled, or a quick fix found, but it seems like that’s not the case here. Given that the weekend is here now, I’ll have to stay up tonight making my own, as this isn’t a critical bug and doesn’t warrant weekend work for the Roblox staff.

3 Likes

Really annoying and ruins the gameplay when there’s many tools in the game. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Affecting my players and confirmed here: https://www.roblox.com/games/662417684/LUCKY-BLOCKS-Lucky-Block-Battlegrounds

Hoping for a fast fix, my players are getting frustrated as my game is entirely based around gear and backpack.

3 Likes

Bug seems to be fixed.

For anyone who wants more info, my theory is that this bug came to be while another bug was being fixed. More info on the other bug:

As for my reasoning to believe this is the case, it’s because both bugs seem to be solved now. Right before the bug this thread is about became a bug, the one EchoReaper mentioned wasn’t solved. As of today, both are.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.