Rebinding Chat Key

Can we please have a option to set the keybind of the chat. Why? Many people all over the world don’t have a specific “/” on their keyboard, so I and many others have to press Shift+7 in order to chat. This has issues like: I have to use both of my hands and enable/disable the shift lock after I finish typing. This is very annoying.

9 Likes

Maybe, just maybe after 5 years it might be time for Roblox to finally fix this issue. Personally I could wait another 5 years but it would be nice to get it fixed after 5 years of waiting

5 Likes

Really would love to see this feature in 2020. I find it interesting that players will someday maybe to have a setting to change their chat keybind to any key. And also the record keybind, maybe some other keybinds.

1 Like

I would like to see this. I have the / key, but honestly I got used to the Minecraft T key, and if I can customize it that would be so cool.

1 Like

Think having a menu to rebind the keys would also be able to neatly integrate with a lot of games. The developer could specify some actions that the player can trigger in the game and specify a default key which the player can then change. Currently if a dev wants to do custom keybinds they would have to go out of their way to create a datastore and find some way to store the keybinds in it.

2 Likes

Being able to rebind any key to anything would be perfect, that way people with say an obscure keyboard like DVORAK would be able to physically play

(this wouldn’t be fun)

(I use QWERTY)

Well, I have doubts that Roblox will ever take a look into this. However, I’m going to bump this again because Roblox is one of the only games where you cannot customize in-game keybinds. For example, I don’t personally use the F12 Roblox recording feature, so if that could be disabled or re-routed, that’d be truly amazing.