Received Copyright Strike, but I Can't Delete Copyrighted Items

Just a few days ago, I received a copyright strike from one of my previously uploaded T-Shirts from around 2018. I had 3 potentially copyrighted images as T-shirts, and 1 on a group on sale. I received the strike for one that started selling just recently (around 10 sales).

Anyways, I had completely forgotten that I had copyrighted assets on my account, and the strike gave me a warning stating that if I continue to get strikes, my account will be terminated! It also told me I should enroll into a remediation program within 10 days of the warning via email, but only after I have deleted all my copyrighted assets

My issue here is that there is currently no website implementation to archive or delete T-Shirts/ created clothing assets. You can only archive decals, games, etc. To avoid further strikes I’ve heard that you are supposed to email one of Roblox’s official emails, ipcontent_removal_request, so I emailed them. It’s been 4 days now and I haven’t had a response, and people have told me they’ve been waiting up to 2 years with no response. The only alternative I’ve heard from unofficial sources is to put the T-Shirts offsale and write that the asset will never come back onsale due to copyright in the item description, so that’s all I’ve been able to do.

What should I do? Should I enter the Roblox remediation program despite being unable to delete copyrighted assets? Will the remediation program delete my account or give me more strikes as a result of my failure to comply if I join?

And If I ignore the strike does it eventually get removed from my account? Will my T-Shirts get more strikes down the line even if they are offsale? I really don’t want my account to be deleted as I’ve had a pretty successful clothing business, but if this strike doesn’t go away does it prevent me from getting into the Dev Ex program? I had just saved up the right amount and was going to enter.

4 Likes

I am in a similar boat where you are right now, I’ve got the same issue, with the outdated instructions being given on the “Help” site and not being able to archive assets.

I had received a copyright strike notice yesterday, and in my case, I have enrolled into the remediation program.

Now, as far as I know anecdotally (from reading someone else’s experiences), if you are enrolled in the Remediation Program, the strike gets removed after 6 months (provided that you do not incur another strike).

Let’s hope someone will be able to answer our enquiries.

4 Likes

Were you successfully accepted into the program? If so did you have non-deletable assets too? That’s great if it gets removed after 6 months. How easy was it to enroll? Did you simply send an email and that’s it? Thank you so much for your feedback, it’s account saving.

1 Like

I sent the email just like that, and was accepted the hour after I read the email. It was super easy to enrol. I’ve simply followed their instructions in the email, where I mentioned that I wanted to enrol (take the text in between the speech marks) and placed the text in the Subject and body of the email while also mentioning my username.
I’ve got non-deleteable assets as well, and I would like to remove them too. We’re just unable to archive them for some reason.

2 Likes

Did you mention to them that you had un-deletable assets? Thank you so much for your time.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I did not mention it to them, though perhaps you should try it!
and no problem hopefully, I have the same questions that you have too and I hope someone well equipped may answer them.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the email that you messaged is still active. However, if you shoot an email to copyright_agent@roblox.com (Roblox’s official email for copyright related support) with a list of the links of clothing that you would like to take down they should respond within a few days. They should respond with a message that basically says, “We will be working to take down these links in the next 30 days (though it may take longer), you should not receive any further moderation or strikes from this.” There are many articles from people who have done this in the past and didn’t receive any further strikes to their account.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.