Recent changes to Constraint Details make placing constraints difficult

With Constraint Details enabled and Draw On Top disabled, selecting a constraint will draw it on top of geometry. This is unhelpful and inhibits the ability to develop assets for my game.

I have to place constraints on the surfaces of MeshParts and get the normals roughly correct. Since The constraint sphere is drawn on top, I can no longer determine when the constraint intersects the surface of the geometry, and I can no longer determine when the secondary axis of the constraint is colinear with the face. CollisionFidelity is not sufficient for the placement requirements.

Observed: no way to observe constraint intersection with geometry and constraint axes at the same time

Expected: a way to observe constraint intersection with geometry and constraint axes at the same time

3 Likes

This is something I usually do as well when building custom characters with physics aspects to them (ie. tails). My custom characters now usually use meshparts, and I can’t accurately position attachments on the surface of those parts anymore. To make sure an attachment is properly aligned with the surface I have to deselect it repeatedly, which is very inconvenient.

I would prefer if selected attachments never draw on top if Draw On Top is disabled. If I wanted to see where the attachment was at all times, I would turn on Draw On Top.

3 Likes

You two make a good point. Will think of a fix or alternative.

3 Likes

I have fix in the pipeline. Eta next week.

2 Likes

We just enabled the fix.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping for.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.