Recent Files in Studio File menu no longer updates

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-14 00:02:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-21 00:02:00 (-06:00)

Reproduction Steps:

• Open a local file or save a new one
  • Check that it is visible in the File menu under Recent Files
  • Close Studio by either pressing X, or closing the game back to the Studio home screen and then pressing X
  • Reopen Studio
  • Note that the file is no longer visible in the File menu under Recent Files

This started happening roughly a week ago.

Expected Behavior:
The place should show up under File > Recent Files after reopening Studio.

Actual Behavior:
The file does not persist after closing and reopening Studio.

Workaround:
I have to manually navigate to the local file every time I want to open it.

4 Likes

I’ve came across this issue aswell, however i didn’t pay much attention to it, as i manually selected the place in question from my actual files.

However, it would be much appreciated if someone can look into this, as it’s gonna be much easier to select the files we need without having to manually look for it.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Yeah, just in a nutshell: Previously when Studio started-up, I’d see all of my local files in Recents along with
my published ones–Now only the published ones show up.

Looks very fixed, can’t have a bug if you remove the feature. :wink:
On Thursday March 4th I think noticed this happening. Note however that I had a bunch of local files, and one file I had saved locally last, right after publishing it to two different games.

3 Likes

Same there. The list seems to appear when you load a place from file though.

1 Like

This seemed fixed, but then yesterday, the display of (all of) my local files disappeared again.

Hi, this issue has been fixed. Recent files are now showing in the menu. Please note that that menu currently doesn’t include published places, only recently used local files. The list will show the files in the order of last usage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.