Recently Updated Tab for UGC

@Kairoh3D @oatins @Rainbo1239 @Xenonic_778 @i_Sininho

So, making the sort show items that have been recently published, not created fixes most of this?

And then, when items are put on sale, there should be a way for users to discover this?

4 Likes

From what I’ve noticed from other creators, the current reception of the Recently Created tab, formerly Recently Updated, is primarily negative, mostly due to the fact that creators have to put an item on sale ASAP after it passes moderation, or risk having the item disappear into the Recently Created sort in a matter of hours, due to the amount of items being created on a daily basis by all users.

If the sort would show recently published items, which I understand as items recently listed on sale, many creators would feel better about it, due to being in control of when their item appears in the sort, allowing them to relax and not stress about timing their uploads for hours in advance to publish the item quickly, or risk losing many potential views and sales.

6 Likes

Switching to recently published from created would help a lot! I’ve avoided uploading items in certain cases because I’m worried moderation may take too long (I’ve noticed that at certain times of the day, it goes much faster than others, so it encourages me to upload items at certain times of the day and wait until the next day to upload others).

Recently published would help, assuming it accounts for the first time it goes on sale and only that time (at least from what I have noticed with recently created, people could spam toggle off-sale and on-sale to put their item to the front of the page even when they shouldn’t be able to). Adjusting the sort like this would let me not worry about rushing to put something on sale as soon as possible, and would be ideal if possible!

3 Likes

Yes! showing items based on when they were published instead of created will fix most of the problem. And also having a feature for users to easily find items that are on sale would be helpful too.

2 Likes

@Rainbo1239 @Xenonic_778
noted. thx.

2 Likes

Yes, if it was recently updated it would be a lot better!!

1 Like

My most recent item, uploaded two days ago, put onsale last night, was instantly swamped by other items the instant it was put onsale

this led to it having a pitiful amount of sales despite costing only R$15

It’s devastating to see this happen because I spent 750 robux to upload it, and it seems it’ll be a while before I earn that back (especially since I get 30% of the sale)

2 Likes

Hi ,
Recently created sort should be sorted based on the time of creation of the item. We have retired Recently updated sort based on the product decision.

Thanks

1 Like