'Recently Updated' Tab on Community Creations is Broken

Reproduction Steps

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/95.0.4638.54 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

1. Click the Community Creations tab on the Avatar Shop page.
  2. Click the Recently Updated tab on the right.

Expected Behavior
I expect newly created items to display and be promoted to the community.

Actual Behavior
Recently Updated sort does not work, newly created items are not displaying and items are not being promoted to users, reducing discoverability and making uploading difficult.

Workaround
No workaround available.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Catalog - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-10-28 03:00:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-10-28 17:00:00 (+01:00)

24 Likes

The Recently Updated tab is now returning an error, making it completely inaccessible.

3 Likes

Might want to take a look at this:

1 Like

thanks, but this error was noted before the sitewide outage. unsure if its related / was the start of the outage though.

1 Like

Services don’t tend to die out all at once. Something tells me that service begun to fail, then the rest also started to fail alongside the Catalog APIs.

I’m confident this information is relevant.

4 Likes

Just a reminder that even though the outage - status.roblox.com states that everything is now operational - has been fixed, this issue is still happening. There is currently close to zero discoverability for newly released accessories in the catalog.

2 Likes

Adding on to this; searching, and any page besides relevance seems to be broken too. This is happening on mobile too, with a slightly different error message.

Video demonstration of the issue appearing when searching on PC: https://gyazo.com/e9fe294d3cfa4501d008e5c191734fb3

Video demonstration of the issue appearing when switching pages on PC: https://gyazo.com/215e6d5aa49b5c6ce6b6f2a13367006d

Image of what happens when you search for something on mobile The error notice says I have no internet, when I do have an established connection and everything else on the site works perfectly.:

4 Likes

I am having this same issue on both devices. Has ROBLOX done anything to address this?

1 Like

im also having this issue, but i also cant search for shirts/pants on the catalog either. typing anything into the search bar just results in “Catalog temporarily unavailable” and it doesnt seem to happen if im logged out or on another account

1 Like

As of right now there has not been an announcement about this, which is getting increasingly worrying as I hope it isnt forgotten about now that the site is online.

2 Likes

Yeah same for me, the entire catalog just won’t work for me.

1 Like

I am also having this issue on all devices logged into my account (PC, iPad, iPhone, etc.). If I switch over to a family members account on the same device, they have no problem accessing any part of the catalog.

1 Like

Yes, I found this issue the day after Roblox came back online. I need the Catalog to find clothing for my next update but I haven’t been able to because the Catalog has been disabled. It’s as if someone at Roblox completely forgot they disabled the search and hasn’t turned it back on…

I seem to be experiencing this only on this account. All my other accounts have no trouble sorting or searching the catalog. It is pretty irritating as I like to search recently updated regularly.

2 Likes

Currently getting this issue too. Hope it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Confirming issue on both mobile (iOS) and PC as well, but only on this account after testing on a different account using the Windows 10 app. Searching for new clothing or accessories with any search terms or sorting fails to search with the same “temporarily unavailable” error. This is extremely inconvenient as it prevents me from looking for newly released items, or for looking for specific clothing.

Of note is that for some reason, it is still possible to search for items by creator - the sorts will work properly if you do it this way, but this method is not a viable workaround for discovering new items.

1 Like

Many people are reporting the avatar shop as being fixed now.

2 Likes

Yes, mine was fixed earlier today and many people who have also had this problem seem to have theirs working fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.