Reclass - intelligent class conversion

This plugin is great and I use it and would recommend others use Reclass too. One thing I don’t like is that when you convert a TextLabel to a TextButton, Selectable is set to false and I believe it should default to true.

1 Like

This plugin is amazing! I lost count of how many times I’ve placed a decal and wanted it to be a texture instead. Thank you for this! I did find one bug that when you undo in studio it clears the children of the object that you converted.

It seems that I am unable to install Reclass. Through the toolbox, search for the exact name of the plugin and filtering by your User does not come up with the plugin. The only alternative would be clicking install on the website. If I do this, it opens up studio and says “Plugin is now installed…” However, when I reload studio I don’t have the plugin. I know this isn’t your fault, but do you know of any solutions?

2 Likes

I don’t know of any solutions to this (haven’t encountered it before) but it’d be a good idea to file a bug report about that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve started using this plugin and it is absolutely wonderful!

Being able to mass convert entire selections is amazingly helpful.
The clean and clear GUI is pleasing and easy to use, while fitting in with the rest of my Studio UI.
The automatic class prediction is the cherry on top. Speeds up my workflow by a serious amount as I no longer have to search/scroll to find the class I need.

My only problem with it is the sound. I understand the desire for audible feedback for your actions, but I prefer my plugins to just do their job quickly and quietly.

Overall, I’m giving this a solid 9.6/10. Thank you for your work!

4 Likes

Just released an update to get rid of the sound feedback after converting objects :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just published a new update to Reclass aimed at reducing the performance impact of Reclass with large selections; in this update, the suggestion list is no longer updated when the convert widget is closed, and suggestions aren’t recalculated when the selection changes but the classes of the instances selected remain the same.

Thanks to @UnderMyWheel for reporting this issue! Feel free to notify me of any other bugs or issues you find :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just released a new update to Reclass! In this update;

• Slightly compacted the convert button and search bar, to be consistent with other UI
  • Fixed a bug where the search bar would not update the suggestions list until the selection class type changed.
  • Disabled offline API dump features - this means you won’t be able to use Reclass offline, but should also considerably improve performance at start-up. Looking into a long term solution for this (thanks to @sircfenner for reporting this!)

As always, if you have any feedback or bug reports, feel free to post them here (or DM me) and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m getting a warning every time I run a test on an offline place now (HTTP is enabled)
It would be better if this failed silently rather than spam the output window, and showed up on the UI instead. One of my biggest pet peeves is plugins that emit random output messages every time I playtest.

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I’ll look into preventing Reclass from doing any HTTP requests during place testing; that error log should only be showing for more serious errors :slightly_smiling_face:

Just released an update to Reclass! This update addresses an issue where attempting to use Reclass in Play Solo would print an error to the output log.

Now, during Play Solo, Reclass will be disabled, and no error will be printed to the output log:

Thanks to @DataBrain for reporting this issue! If anyone runs into any issues with this update, feel free to reply here and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can :slightly_smiling_face:

(and yes, my boomer self will call it Play Solo until the day I die)

6 Likes

Thought I’d also mention that I was also looking into an alternate solution to this issue, and I’d like to get your opinions on it :slightly_smiling_face:

Instead of completely disabling Reclass when it’s offline, I was toying around with the idea of having Reclass use a trimmed-down version of the API dump, containing only the most commonly used classes. That way, the performance impact of saving and loading the API dump would be reduced by only saving what most people tend to use, and you’d still be able to utilise Reclass without having to turn on HTTP for every place you go to.

What do you think about this change? Feel free to leave a reply!

7 Likes

Support! Greatly improves portability and ease of use.

4 Likes

And cache the most recent entire API dump whenever you use it on an HTTP-enabled place, pretty please?

1 Like

That was the previous default behaviour, but saving and loading such a large amount of data was causing some notable performance issues in Studio, hence why it was disabled. I’d ideally like to do this tho!

Add a button that the user can press to do this. Pressing the button and having Studio freeze for a few seconds is better than having it happen randomly. I would certainly not mind my Studio freezing for a few seconds if I knowingly pressed a button to load an offline API dump.

1 Like

Instead of showing ‘Nothing is selected’, Can you add an option hide the plugin when you deselect something?

1 Like

What do you mean? Like have the icon disappear? AFAIK, that’s not possible.

1 Like

I just mean hide the widget when you aren’t selecting anything

1 Like

If you dock the widget, it’ll be like it’s not even there, till you click the tab and WHAM, there it is.

Hide the widget? Like close the window…?