Recommended Design Software

I’m not quite sure if this belongs here or in #lounge:off-topic, but I thought since it pertains to design software it fits here.

Anywho, I currently use the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc). Recently my membership fee went up so I’m considering switching. Not sure what would be the best alternative, I’ve heard about Affinity being a good alternative but wanted to see if anyone in the community had other things they prefer!

3 Likes

I’ve long since stopped pirating and/or purchasing adobe products. I use Affinity Designer, Figma, and a combination of other services. Figma requires an online subscription but it has a free model. Affinity Designer is like Illustrator but with a perpetual license that comes with free updates. The Serif Team also offers Affinity Photo which is a nice alternative to Photoshop. They’ve recently released Affinity Publisher which I believe to be an alternative to Adobe Bridge. But I’m not sure about this.

I know this isn’t in the topic, but I stopped using Dreamweaver moments after I started. It makes you a bad programmer. Oof.

And now that I’m at the finishing stretch of my statement I see you already know about Affinity. :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d say that Adobe XD would be a good alternative, it’s free and very good once you get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s a 100% off me for UI design.

2 Likes

Im using Gravit Designer for designing logos and vector stuff its freemium

1 Like

Hello, I would suggest Inkscape it’s a free download software, it’s a really good logo design software, Photo shop I would not recommend, because it cost money, but there is a site that is the same like photo shop and its FREE

Links

https://inkscape.org
https://www.photopea.com

Give them a try

1 Like

I would use Paint tool sai. Its quite good, and is specifically made for digital art.

1 Like

I personally, uses Figma and sometimes paint.net. But, whenever you’re making a Game Logo, Game Thumbnail, In-Game Decals/Textures or just GFX, it always depends. If you wanna make a In-Game Decals/Textures, I recommend using Figma or Flaticon. If you’re making GFX (such as Game Logo and Game Thumbnail), I recommend using C4D.

Hope this help!
From,
Schedency
Artist & Game Designer
Roblox

1 Like

If you’re looking for a good alternative to the Adobe Suite, I think Affinity would be your best bet. I’ve used Photo and Designer exclusively for about 2 years now. Of course there are free alternatives for design/vectors that others have mentioned such as Inkscape and Figma, but Affinity Photo has definitely got the superior tools for photo editing and GFX, and Designer is nothing to scoff at either.

1 Like

Definitely going to look into Affinity I think. Seems like best/most similar alternative