Recovery Section for Accidently Removed Items In The Asset Manager

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too difficult to recover items that have accidentally been removed from the game in the asset manager.

With the new Asset Manager, it is currently too easy to accidentally remove an asset from your game by right-clicking it and selecting the “Remove From Game” option. If this button is accidentally clicked (which I have done many times), it is tedious and time-consuming to recover the asset.

One solution that I think would help would be to have a section in the Asset Manager to recover accidentally removed items similar to many asset management services.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would not spend as much time trying to fix a simple mistake such as accidentally removing an item and could efficiently and effortlessly recover items and use the Asset Manager without worrying about making mistakes that could be difficult to fix.

7 Likes

But how did you do it, please tell. I have the same problem but I cant find how to do it.

I’d honestly prefer to ability to add assets via asset id rather than just a ‘recovery button’, the former provides more flexibility and promotes the cross-usage of game assets.

2 Likes

The asset manager currently just serves as being a bloated place selector for me as all of it’s other features are pretty much unusable due to simple features like this being absent.