Recreating the Minecraft End portal Texture

Hello ! i want to recreate the minecraft ender portal effect (like the galaxy skin in fortnite) but… i dont really know how to make it but i think we need to do something like this:

i don’t really know how to make it but… its like 2 différents worlds or an easier method like this:
when we move on the left, the texture move to the right.
i hope its possible to make it in roblox and… yeah !
bye :smiley:

2 Likes

The only way I know how to do this is by setting a part’s reflectance to super high along with the desired texture being the skybox.
Alternatively, you could use ViewportFrame’s. EgoMoose did a portal thing and everyone liked it. Either way, you probably won’t be able to do this type of thing without having to go through complicated stuff.

firstly make a frame with clip descendants set to true. Then, create a image label with the effect desired as a child of the frame. After that make the image label bigger than the frame. then for the effect all you have to do is move the image label around.

You should use veiwports or you can try messing with the texture’s offsets based on the player’s camera Position

Replicating a method like that in which you only show a partial version of the image is similar to spritesheets, you may want to look into this if using a ImageLabel element. Combine this with SurfaceGui.

Attempt the rest on your own and you can follow up when you need support for anything else.

Make a SurfaceGui with ImageLabels, and then put the ImageLabels into clockwise and counterclockwise folders. Then GetChildren in the folders and use tweening to spin them.

Try this:

One piece of glass with reflectance 1
It looks a bit blurry but it works

Another solution I thought of is you could use blender to turn a part inside out and use a texture.

yes but, irs not the same effect than the ender portal

i dont want the same texture than the sky

i dont want the same texture than the sky :frowning:

I combined @LuaDeveloped’s and @Meat_Make 's ideas to get this effect here:
https://gyazo.com/ec36fc51050e6fd78b9305478233e1d2

First, I put a SurfaceGui into StarterGui with a ViewportFrame inside it, and set the gui’s adornee to the portal brick.

The “Sky” part is a large inverted sphere (1000x1000x1000) with any texture of your choice on all sides.

(I should’ve opened a separate test world to do this, sorry about the guis and stuff)

Then, I put a localscript in the gui and wrote the following:

local vpf = script.Parent:WaitForChild('ViewportFrame')
vpf.CurrentCamera = workspace.CurrentCamera
vpf.sky.CFrame = script.Parent.Adornee.CFrame

And that’s it! Hope this helps in some way. Let me know if you have any questions.

Do you think you could send a model of it?

yeah it can be cool… because its not easy to make…

Just find your textures that you want, and follow his instructions, making sure that all your adornees are correct, Use Blender to flip the normals on your sphere to invert it!

1 Like