Recreation of old ROBLOX Walk Animations and Idle

Hello! A little while ago I posted about my GFX Icon for my old ROBLOX recreation game, “Nostalgia Years”. Now looking for some feedback on my reanimate of the old 30fps capped version of the idle, and walk animations. Recently an old script for the walk animations stopped working, so I went ahead and fixed it by replacing the default ROBLOX idle, climb, walk, jump etc. by using a script. (If it was 30fps anyways) I’d like to know your thoughts on the Walk and Idle! It isn’t much but anything helps me really.

Idle:
63dafd74c587593f92cf23f54eb1d7e7

Walk:
d5944e0406ba93d1679c405287e67f33

(These might be capped due to the gif, so I’m hope it’s alright. Not sure though. Thanks for any feedback in advance!)

Here’s the link to the game In case the gif doesn’t show smooth to you. A lot of the stuff in the game is placeholder, and old so yeah stuff will be getting replaced soon.

:link: https://www.roblox.com/games/3716858677/Nostalgia-Years-Version-2-3

6 Likes

Looks sweet enough to me, but are there only idle and walk animations? any jump?

1 Like

There is a jump, and climb, as well as the other animations*. I had arm collisions enabled by a script, which I might remove soon. The rest of the animations are found in game in a much better presentation.

1 Like

Cool! You nailed this, but perhaps the idle’s legs go to far back and forth. I don’t really know because I only joined in 2016.

1 Like

I think the old was a bit like that as well, but I’ll probably fix it since it does look a little odd. Thanks though! Appreciated!

1 Like

Moved to #help-and-feedback:cool-creations, as #help-and-feedback:art-design-support is for more technical aspects of designing art. For instance, the techniques.

1 Like

Cool!!! I Like The Old Animations before, But yeah so cool. :angst: :+1:

But yeah, Thank you for reading this. have a nice day! :happy3:

1 Like

Thanks for catching that mistake! Still new to this platform so I’ll have my hiccups. My impression from the description of art design support was any feedback regarding animations. I think that’s what it stated anyways. Thanks! :white_heart:

Much appreciated! If there is anything you think I could do to improve the basic animations, please tell me down below. Would love to hear! Have a great day otherwise!

1 Like

i feel something off with the legs and arms in the walking animation. Good job tho!