Recycler | For your memory recycling needs

Recycler

It is in the same category as memory management tools like Maid, and Janitor, not being necessary to achieve such a goal, but a really good overall nice to have, which makes things easier in the long run!

Recycler is a memory management tool which allows you to re-use pieces of memory, like objects, tables, and such, which aren’t needed anymore, but haven’t been garbage collected yet.

Recycling such objects is important for memory management, on applications on which you are creating multiple objects at all times, and throwing them out, and not using them anymore.
Recycling them, makes that process faster, and less memory hungry!

> Download <
> Releases <
> Source Code <
> Documentation <

Recycler is not advised for part recycling, while it is better than not re-using such instances, PartCache is better, and more specialized for that job.
Stay with Recycler for objects which aren’t parts.

13 Likes

Hey, this looks like a cool thing. After spending more than 2 hours of my life trying to learn what garbage collection is, I understand how this could be useful and it really looks as an interesting method to reduce memory use or prevent memory leaks.

Still have to test it though since it seems like I got to do a bunch of changes to actually implement this in my existing. code

2 Likes

Update

1.0.1 → 1.1.0

• Improved errors and debugging;

• Added :GetObjects ! It can be called with a number, it will return an array with the amount of objects you asked for!

• :AddToGarbage and :AddToStrongGarbage now can handle MULTIPLE items at once when called!

• Added a page for best practices in the documentation, it is in production, however it is a good thing to check out in order to determine if you should or not recycle a certain object.

@flamenco_687, you might wanna check that out for yourself.

1 Like