Redirect the new deprecated warning link to the corresponding page

Reproduction Steps
All developer.roblox.com pages now show this warning:

Expected Behavior
When clicking the click here link, the redirection to the page corresponding to the current subject should be done in the new documentation.

Actual Behavior
Clicking on the click here link makes a generic redirect to Roblox Creator Documentation

Example:

1. ContextActionService redirects correctly to ContextActionService | Roblox Creator Documentation
  2. ContextActionService:BindAction incorrectly redirect to Roblox Engine API Reference | Roblox Creator Documentation (and if you search for BindAction there, you’ll find nothing.

Workaround
I have to do a manual search for the term in order to find the corresponding page.

Issue Area: Documentation Site
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

7 Likes

Hey!

Thanks for your feedback - appreciate you taking the time to write it up! We want to make sure that the handover to the new site is as seamless as possible - do you have some examples where it just forwards you to the homepage?

Mapping longer form articles is slightly difficult as so much of the content is brand new, but it’s something we want to make sure we’re doing well as we continue to deprecate DevHub.

Thanks!

1 Like

As I said, ALL pages.
Example:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/ContextActionService/BindAction

This is not accurate. A lot of them do redirect fine: Accessory

From a cursory inspection, these seem to redirect properly:

• classes
  • enums
  • data types
  • lua documents

These don’t:

• articles
  • functions of classes
  • properties of classes
  • events of classes
  • callbacks of classes
2 Likes

Can we get an indication of when release notes will be migrated to the new creator hub?

For me, this page presents the same problem that I reported:

This is strange, it redirects fine for me. One of us must be getting a newer/older cached version of the page.

2 Likes

You are right!
The problem is the cache.
Opening the page with incognito mode will open it correctly.
However, I will leave this report open due to the other pages you point to.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this issue, and apologies for the extended delay. All pages should now redirect appropriately to the new doc site, but please let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue.

2 Likes