Redirecting banned players

Hello, I am currently very interested in using the new BanAsync API that comes with alt account detection. I want to know if it is possible to redirect players to a “Ban Server” that basically acts like a ban land, for banned players.

I know this is very easily achievable by just kicking them and storing their id on a table to effectively ban them, but I want to still use the alt account detection as well as teleporting them to the ban place.

(I am not asking to be given a script, I just want to know if its possible and if it is: how would I achieve this)

AFAIK, once you use :BanAsync(), banned Players cannot access your game as they will be kicked immediately. It’s just how the Method was build.

From the docs of :BanAsync():

Banned users will be immediately evicted and prevented from rejoining your experiences.

no, its not possible.
however i think they will made it into feature in nearest future (we can ask them?)

1 Like

It’s not possible to do this using new BanAsync API. If you ban player using this API then he won’t be able to join the game at all. Roblox checks on it’s backend if player is banned and if it’s true, then Roblox doesn’t allow player to join the game, so it immediatly kicks user with error 600 if I remember right.

If you want to achieve redirecting, then you should save some value in player’s data that means that user is banned. And if it’s true then you teleport player to the “Ban Land” place using TeleportService. However, it is not the best solution because when Roblox services are down there’s a chance that data won’t be loaded successfully, so you cannot be sure if player should be teleported to the “Ban Land” place or no.