Reduce steps to update existing model in Asset Configuration

As a Roblox developer, there are too many steps involved with publishing models. Recently Roblox released an update to asset configuration requiring an additional step to access my existing models. Now the user must select “Model” asset category before being able to access existing models. An easy fix here is to memorize the last used state of asset configuration:

• Last used asset category
  • Last used publish type (was it to an existing model, or to a new model?)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because our development heavily leverages existing models to load most recently updated code & models. Meaning all of our development & testing workflow goes thru this window that now has additional steps, taking extra time to do the same thing.

14 Likes

Definitely support. It’s always annoying to have an extra step inserted into a process. Some sort of streamlined way of doing this would be well appreciated.

I think an acceptable solution could be adding a section to this dropdown menu as they do for plugins, packages and models

I will admit, I was thrown off by the option to upload an “Asset”
Maybe this was done to raise awareness, but I already know this is not my specialty…
Would rather have one from maybe a few options:

“Save as Model”
“Save as Asset”

“Publish as Model”
“Publish as Asset”

This would be super useful!
When attempting to publish an animation, it auto-select the “Animations” category, so the behavior is already existent.
All other assets should default to Development Item > Model

1 Like

I support! Uploading multiple accessories at the moment is a huge pain, I wish the workflow was much easier…

1 Like