Refreshed DevForum Rules and Staying Updated

wait does this mean bans sync across the devforum and roblox?

so if you get banned on the devforum you get banned on roblox and vice versa?

probably not, although severe bans (im assuming it means posting nsfw/nsfl content intentionally) will also get your roblox account removed as well.

what is nsfl content?

i have never heard of that before.

obviously there is not safe for work but what is nsfl?

not safe for life
basically the lowest of the low content

1 Like

It felt nice to have a seperate but official space from Roblox where we didn’t have to act like we’re in the middle of a playground and we can’t swear or talk about certain social media that Roblox disapproves of.

Y’know it kind of felt like we could have more mature and advanced discussion here, which from the “gated” nature of some of the Forum, kind of… made sense?

It’s a shame to just merge with the Roblox Community Guidelines. I do think they’re good rules for the wider platform but for the private space this forum was(is), it’s saddening.

2 Likes

Yeah, the 30char stuff is annoying, but I still think if someone asks you a yes or no question you shouldn’t have to add a whole bunch of other words to your answer.

For example, I answered a question with Yes in one of my posts last year with some other 30char stuff added in and the post got deleted.
Now the thread is missing an answer that may have helped someone…

5 Likes

Unsure about that. Unless the user requests a “Yes” or “No” answer verbatim, then those answers are often less helpful than you likely realize. If you really can’t explain in 30c why the answer is just a yes or no then it’s usually better to leave it to those who are able to provide more insight & context

2 Likes

That’s what I meant, it was a definitive yes or no question.

In cases where there’s explanation required I always ask or supply the needed information.

It’d be nice to have an immediate warning requiring people to edit it before posting instead of just having “(apparently Roblox’s warning can’t be posted now)” and just deleting it later on.
For example have “Please edit your post to supply more useful information”.

4 Likes

hopefully its actual humans enforcing community standards and not bots, as we have seen in every single moderation related post roblox doesnt understand context when handing out bans.

the enforcement of anti 3O character limit filler is not nessesary, we do this because not all replies need to be 3O characters I don’t know who thought this was a good idea to begin with.

as for profanity Im impartial to it, as long as its for reasonable profanity and not for words like crap or damn which is far more mild than something like an f bomb. expression should still be valued within reason.

edit: alright straight away for some reason I had to put the letter O instead of the number zero in front of 3 because it wouldnt let me??? great start roblox.

2 Likes

I believe that’s to prevent bypassing character limits by just saying “30 characters” at the end of a post.

Like, instead of saying everything i just said, if i said

“skill issue

30 characters
It’s to stop stuff like that.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and your questions. We have added additional clarity around external links and profanity.

Thank you.

16 Likes

This announcement is minimalistic and doesn’t include many things we used to see before this new change. That said, I must say… It feels like a good rebrand! :blush:

However, there are some things to be addressed (if possible):

1. In Brazil, due to political controversies, X (formerly known as Twitter) is banned and inaccessible. Many people, myself included, have switched to Bluesky, which hasn’t been affected and has grown to over 10 million users. Are there any possibilities of including links from this new social media platform?
  1. Is it possible to make this section more comprehensive for new forum users? For example, instead of just providing a URL link, also specify the categories relevant to these two scenarios.

2. Previously, you were not allowed to post meme media (i.e. videos, images, GIFs) or even puns (another way of saying jokes) Official Rules of the Roblox Developer Forum - #19 by Roblox. With this rebrand, there’s no information regarding this. Could we confirm whether memes and puns are now allowed?

3. Are there any possibilities of explaining the situation of the Bug Report and Feature Request where if you want to create a bug report as having the trust level named “Member” it requires joining the forum groups @AllowFeatureRequests and @AllowBugReports? This is something very important since it is a change that proposes breaking this strictness of needing to have a “Regular” trust level.

Thank you for this new update!

1 Like

not being able to put rules on your bulletin board is terribly dumb

how am i gonna list if i dont want people to online date or something
seriously, rawblocks???

Vouch idk why Bluesky wasn’t considered. Should be added as it’s probably the best twitter alternative currently

for the record, saying "X (formerly and commonly known as twitter!) is mostly just clutter if you’re gonna include “twitter” anyways lmao

3 Likes

Are links to GitHub.io allowed on the bulletin board now

And also

I think yes if that answers your question
Or
I think no if that answers your question

Would also like to see fediverse. Not a lot of developers over here, but I know @.Elttob @.NobleReign and a few others are still active on fedi and it’s a much nicer environment too.

Not sure if there was an exodus here after the ban, I didn’t notice anything personally.

There are literally no new rules, it’s just a rewrite to condense it down (and dropping a bunch of outdated rules). Nothing changes to what you’re allowed to do on the forum.

I don’t know if you actually read the old rules but it was a book and a half in length, this is much better.

6 Likes

the re-write in question is hiding/deprecating the forum specific rules and instead just pointing towards the roblox terms of use with some negligible explanation of certain forum specific issues, this is not a rewrite, instead just a straight replacement

I do sorta agree it needed condensing, but replacing the previous rules with simply “follow roblox ToS, oh, and report people breaking rules plzzz” isn’t the solution at all

1 Like

Pretty sure the intention of pointing to the Roblox rules is to say “don’t act like an antagonistic child-or-self-endangering-fool & bad-example-of-a-human being”. A line by line itemized list of rules is not useful if nobody reads them, the spirit of the rules along with the less obvious points is all that’s required in a place like this. This is all still the same platform, you’ve clearly survived here without getting banned for acting against the rules, this shouldn’t be hard for anyone.

Asking for specific clarification on things the platform rules prohibit that are commonly used here is fine (e.g. link policy), but generally the understanding should be that nothing is changing, which it hasn’t. The platform rules are saying the same thing the old rules here did.

4 Likes

haikaishin incident of 18/09/24:
extremely niche joke aside, how you explained it here does seem to make it make a lot more sense, but the original post in particular makes it sound very confusing, especially with the removal of the broken rules matrix (which personally I think they should keep for clarity sake anyways), hence both mine and many other peoples confusion.

3 Likes