Regarding Audio plagiarism, and speeding up audio to make it cheaper to upload

I have two questions relating to Audio.

1. I am wanting to collaborate with a music artist, and is asking to use one of the songs she has made. What sorts of proof would I need to show that I got the thumbs-up to use it?

2. Is it allowed to speed up an audio just to tweak the playbackspeed when having the audio actually being played. This is because the music is 2 minutes 10 seconds long. And would cost 350 robux if I were to upload it. If I shortened it to 2 minutes, then it would only cost 70. Therefore the extra ten seconds would be the difference of 280 robux. I’ve read the Roblox Community Rules which say

• Distorted audio, including excessively slowing down or speeding up the audio content to make it indiscernible, and audio that is excessively loud including screaming, high-pitched or excessive noises are not permitted.

Does “excessively speeding up the audio content to make it indiscernible” count if it was sped up by such a fraction to make it 10 seconds shorter?

If you can still understand the words it’s ok, It would just sound like a nightcore song. The real problem is when you can’t understand any word, that would be bannable.

1 Like

Would there be a difference in quality if I sped it up when publishing then slowed it down in game by tweaking playbackspeed?

I’m pretty sure there wouldn’t be any difference in quality.

1 Like
  1. I believe any screenshots showing an agreement (e.g. over DMs) with the artist would suffice, but it would always be best to have proof of a signed agreement confirming you’re allowed to use the audio instead.

2. You should be allowed to do this, so long as any lyrics in the song are still clear. I believe this is because of moderation; if songs are sped up or slowed down excessively then it can be more difficult to detect inappropriate content within the audio.

1 Like

Yes, yes it would. When you inevitably export the audio into .mp3 for example the data is compressed and therefore you lose the definition you had when it was slowed down.