Regression: New toolbox no longer offers an option to switch between background colors for decals

Reproduction Steps

Open up Studio, and use the toolbox, and go to “images”.

Look through every toggle you can find.

Expected Behavior

I expect to see a way to change the background color of images, to help distinguish which ones are truly transparent or not, as well as seeing how well they look on light and dark theme.

A selection between several background colors

Actual Behavior

This option is no longer here. The toggle menu only shows “Creator”.

I am assuming this is a regression and not a design choice. Feel free to move to studio requests if it is.

Workaround

Images now have a light grey, so you can get a better guess, but you can’t be confident.

You can also place the image on a part, but that was the old way of doing it before the very convenient color picker was available.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

18 Likes

If this is an intended change by the Roblox team, I would be more than happy to make a quick plugin for background color picking.

2 Likes

The Toolbox’s UI is stored in RobloxPluginGuiService, you can’t index anything inside it.

4 Likes

Hi there - the background color selection widget was removed to enable more vertical space for the new home view.

Your feedback is appreciated, and we’ll keep this request in mind for a future update.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.