Reinforcement Learning AIs

I have been interested in making learning AIs and recently came across a video that uses reinforcement learning in order to get the best potential reward by being put in different environments. My ultimate goal is to have NPCs that over time, learn from every character it encounters and stores its knowledge in a database and later passes it onto another NPC. Has anyone achieved something similar to this in Roblox and how intensive would something like what I said be?

4 Likes

I know that some people have created machine learning in ROBLOX, but I can only imagine that it is very memory intensive.

Examples here:

2 Likes

Adding on to this, you might benefit from reading @ScriptOn’s thread on his cop cars. You can learnt about neural networks through the videos he also links in the post:

However, I’m not sure how well you could keep training your neural network while they’re in-game. As I understand the process, neural networks are trained to learn and process cases to get better values. However, I have almost no knowledge regarding neural networks, so I’d recommend talking to developers familiar with the topic

7 Likes