[RELEASE] - Blender Transform Mimicry v1.0 - PLUGIN

Get it here: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/19002147345

My motivation for this was that I got tired of having to click on Handles and ArcHandles when building and eventually misclicking things. Looking back at Blender, having tools like these is such a holy grail

image image

*** Features ***

• Move (G), Rotate (R), Scale (V), Trackball (RR) tools, with an additional Resize (VV) tool, tailored for Roblox building workflow
  • Ability to lock to X,Y,Z axis by pressing 1,2,3
  • Ability to select orientation mode (how the axis orients) and pivot mode (where the center of transform is)
  • Scrolling the mouse wheel to change increments, for more precise movements
  • Holding shift while moving for 1/10 speed, also for more precise movements
  • There’s no ability to enter precise numbers, but there’s a delta display that follows your mouse
8 Likes

sick, I can definitely see myself using this.

3 Likes

can’t say “nobody”. i saw some things from what you’ve made before, like trackball could be named “Gimbal Rotation”. but when i saw people making something similar, they didn’t mention blender.

in the end yup, looks cool. but not a blender user anyway, unfortunately

2 Likes

it’s true that building in Roblox isn’t anything like in Blender, but there are plenty of scenarios where these transform tools provide more advantage, for example quickly positioning and rotating many miscelaneous things around the map

3 Likes

I thought I’d have to make these tools myself if I wanted them! Building using the default transform tools is time-consuming and hard on my right hand. Looking forward to snapping to specific axes and entering precise numbers!

3 Likes