[Release] Custom character controller

I was curious if that was causing issues. Ive noticed its caused a few issues in some other things Ive been researching lately.

2 Likes

Yes, for the record i didn’t bother actually fixing this. I just disabled the sound script so that there aren’t any errors.

5 Likes

I figured out a fix to your issue by the way, it seems like controller.Last.Hit doesn’t exist for at least a moment, which leads to that error.
You can replace controller.Last.Hit.CFrame with controller.Last.HitCF, and it should work fine.

2 Likes

Still don’t works for me😐 Now the camera isn’t turning anymore and it gives me that error in the output.

OPImg

Thank u for your help✌

2 Likes

This is a pretty cool!
I’m using it in my game for a fast travel system

6 Likes

Just missing the ability to use shift lock to rotate the character and the ability to not hold space bar to keep jumping but other than that its great!

1 Like

Thought i’d release this for anyone still interested in EgoMoose’s Custom Character Controller:

https://www.roblox.com/games/4330418926/S-E-T-Sonic-Engine-Testing?refPageId=f1210d1e-4074-439e-9106-6c9cca000f4c

5 Likes

This doesn’t work for me :woman_shrugging: I think other people are encountering this problem too

It works good, have you made the script which it’s supposed to access the module with?

I didn’t know you had to access it with a script…I only though you had to put the scripts in the model and put the player module script under starter
player scripts.

You could ask on #help-and-feedback:scripting-support for this though the module has its’ own documentation.

The problem is that I already have and haven’t gotten a reply

This looks amazing! I’d like to experiment with this. Great job!

This is so cool! I dont get how people can script such amazing stuff like this!

I have a question, how do you make this for only one part so you can like wall climb?? @EgoMoose

Amazing work, and thank you for releasing this!

Quick question: exactly how do you set this up/where do you place the module? @EgoMoose

@EgoMoose hi, huge thanks for putting so much into this model but how do you deactivate the script that forces players cameras to not rotate in first person?

1 Like

@7HIRSTY
make all the other parts with the name “IgnoredPart”

Haha sorry for replying 9 months later but I just found this :sweat_smile:

I have been fidgeting with this for a day or so trying to figure out if it is possible to return the player to the normal gravity settings (how the player is when they spawn into the game), whenever the player is walking on a wall and jumps.

Basically, I want the player to fall back to the ground when they jump. Could anyone please help me with this? This scripting is miles above my skill level haha

1 Like

How would I use it on custom rigs?