[Release] Display object axis plugin

I made a quick plugin that displays the axis of any singular BasePart, Attachment, or Model. It is very useful for any CFrame related calculations.

The plugin can either sit in the corner of the screen or be aligned directly to the part.

2018-08-21_15-27-13

Huzzah! I now know which face is the front, which is the top, etc…

This plugin is activated exclusively through PluginActions named Display Object Axis and Align Object Axis. My personal preference was to set the shortcuts for these to Ctrl+Shift+K and Ctrl+Shift+L.

Hope you enjoy!

56 Likes

That is pretty cool! I’ll have to try it out sometime!!

1 Like

I don’t even have the words to describe how useful this can be

Installed. <3

Does this plugin attach to other building tools such as F3X or SBS (my preferred tool)? It’d be very useful.

I haven’t tested it, but i can’t see any reason it wouldn’t.

1 Like

Finally I can identify the top and front faces of a BasePart at a glance without putting a hinge or something there.

2 Likes

Bug: the object axis is still visible even though the selected object is behind the camera.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed now.

3 Likes

I found a bug with the plugin; It keeps spamming this into the output and no longer displays the object’s axis.

Here is the offending part of the code that is throwing this exception:

if (isActive) then
		local sel, cf = selection:Get();
		if (#sel == 1) then
			axes.Parent = screen;
			if (sel[1]:IsA("Attachment")) then
				cf = sel[1].WorldCFrame;
			elseif (sel[1]:IsA("BasePart")) then
				cf = sel[1].CFrame;
			elseif (sel[1]:IsA("Model")) then
				cf = sel[1].PrimaryPart and sel[1].PrimaryPart.CFrame or sel[1]:GetModelCFrame();
			else
				axes.Parent = nil;
			end
		else
			axes.Parent = nil;
		end

It throws this exception: The current identity (5) cannot Class security check (lacking permission 5)
n_zmC_EbR1iKBA3kKjHlaA

Hmm I’ll def look into this, but im currently in the midst of rewriting the plugin to be more similar to the view selector. So hopefully that in itself will fix the whole thing.

2 Likes