Notes for 316

10 Likes

API Changes:

Added Property LineForce.MaxForce
Added Property LineForce.ReactionForceEnabled
Added Property PhysicsSettings.AreContactIslandsShown
Added Property PhysicsSettings.DisableCSGv2
Changed the ValueType of Beam.TextureMode from BeamTextureMode to TextureMode
Changed the Security of Property LocalizationService.RobloxLocaleId from RobloxScriptSecurity to None
Removed Enum BeamTextureMode
	Removed EnumItem BeamTextureMode.Stretch
	Removed EnumItem BeamTextureMode.Wrap

Client Difference Log:

Will you still be doing detailed posts for each update or is that done now that we are getting these?

Yeah I will, I’ve just been slacking a bit recently because of college and stuff. I’ll have my 316 post up later today.

2 Likes

Can we get a single page that lists all the pending features? in order to find out if Beam is released right now, I have to first check a bunch of release logs to see what release it was in, then go find the wiki page for that release, then check on that page, and I have to repeat this whole process for every feature I want to check. It would be great if all the upcoming features were on a single page so I could bookmark it and instantly find them.

12 Likes

Yeah I agree. Right now he has to update every page manually with a pending/live status. Having the status stuff on one page would probably make it easier for him overall, so I don’t see why not.

I could probably hook into the pages and do something automatic :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 100% open to revisiting the format. I could certainly have a page that contains all pending features. If you have suggestions for how to organize this information I can look into it. You’re thinking of a single page with all of the information? Or just features that are pending?

1 Like

All the information meaning that all the release notes are on one page? I’d still have to search through releases to find each feature. I want to be able to tell, at a glance, if a feature is released. Maybe the best format would be to just have these Pending/Live indicators on the page of the feature itself.

A single page could work, the challenge will be making sure that it scales well. As for indication on the page of the feature itself, not every release note will map to a page. And some API pages might have multiple changes associated with it. I’ll have to think about this some more…

1 Like

I can’t view the wiki at all :frowning:

We are looking into this right now.

1 Like

Check if you are using https

It’s back up.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.