Release Notes for 361

There is a known bug for why some aren’t showing their correct state, but a fix is coming!

5 Likes

Each release note is assigned a flag that indicates whether its enabled or not. Sometimes Roblox replaces the flag with a copy that has a counter next to it so that it does not impact old versions that may have a critical issue.

For example, an engineer might introduce FFlagCreativeFlagName, discover a problem with it, and then rename it to FFlagCreativeFlagName2. The release note ticket will still keep the old flag name because nothing signaled it to be changed, and thus it gets stuck in a perpetual pending state because it was never enabled again.

4 Likes

How do you get the ViewportFrame to work? I cannot figure out for the life of me on how to make it work.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure this out as well lmao, I’m doing trial and error and it aint working, if someone does a youtube tutorial on it, they would be the first lol

The ViewportFrame isn’t enabled yet, so right now it just functions like a normal Frame.
The people who have shown it off so far know how to work with fast flags.

2 Likes

Would make sense. I only had the ViewPortFrame flag enabled - but even then, that didn’t do anything.

I wonder who taught them :thinking:

Do we have any indication of when this might be released?

1 Like

Please make it work in billboard guis!

If it works in PlayerGUIs and SurfaceGUIs, I’d assume it’d work for BillboardGUIs too.

What are fast flags, how do you use them and what’s the fast flag for the ViewportFrame?

Each release note is assigned a flag that indicates whether its enabled or not.

I’m not technically versed in how they exactly work, but they’re like meta variables that change how studio works. Most are bools, but there are some numbers and strings. You can use CloneTrooper1019’s mod manager to change the value of these flags. Once you have the flag modifier dialog open, search the phrase ‘ViewportFrame’ and you’ll see it.

Fast flags are used by Roblox to be able to enable or disable features/fixes without having to re-download the client. The only way to alter them is using a mod manager (see above), and that is intentional since modifying fast flags that are purposely disabled may have a bug that can corrupt your install or your place file. Modify them at your own risk.

2 Likes

So I’ve enabled the fast flag, but nothing I do to the viewport seems to make it display something? Could you tell me what you did to make it work?

It’s got undocumented properties I’m not sure anyone outside of the engineering team know how fully work. I’m on mobile, so I’m operating on memory, but I think it has a camera property somewhere you can set to a camera pointed at something. You have to parent the objects you want to show up in it to the viewportframe itself.

1 Like

Just remember to adhere to this warning:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.