Release Notes for 372

Notes for Release 372

16 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Renamed Class “LocalAsset” to "File"

Added Class AntiAddictionService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]
	Added Function Dictionary AntiAddictionService:GetAntiAddictionData() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Function void AntiAddictionService:MarkRead(string messageId) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Function void AntiAddictionService:Start(int64 userId) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Function void AntiAddictionService:Stop() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Added Event AntiAddictionService.Updated(Dictionary antiAddictionData) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Property int64 File.Size {PluginSecurity} [Hidden] [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated]

Added Function string File:GetBinaryContents() {PluginSecurity}
Added Function Array LocalizationService:GetTableEntries(Instance instance = nil) [Yields]
Added Function Dictionary SoundService:GetSoundMemoryData() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function Instance StudioService:PromptImportFile(Array fileTypeFilter = {}) {PluginSecurity} [Yields]
Added Function Objects StudioService:PromptImportFiles(Array fileTypeFilter = {}) {PluginSecurity} [Yields]

Added EnumItem UserInputType.InputMethod : 21

Added Tag [Deprecated] to Property File.FileName
Added Tag [Deprecated] to Property File.FileSize
Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function File:GetFileContentsBinary
Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function StudioService:PromptImportLocalAsset
Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function StudioService:PromptImportLocalAssets

Changed the value of EnumItem UserInputType.None from 21 to 22

Removed Tag [NotReplicated] from Property Workspace.StreamingEnabled

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

9 Likes

Added Class AntiAddictionService

What do?

9 Likes

Something internal. It already appears to be getting removed from what I see on gametest2.

4 Likes

Stud grid precision has been increased to three decimal points.

Does this mean reduced brick-shift?

6 Likes

Renamed LocalAsset API to File API.

What would this have been used for?
Just curious.

Plugins will be able to ask the user to open a file or multiple files, then Lua can read their contents and do stuff with them.

4 Likes

I think what what you quoted is referring to is this:

This used to be limited to two decimal points and would cut off anything more, now it allows three.

8 Likes

If I recall, it always supported 3 decimal points but didn’t display the last one. Pretty weird behavior, but I’m glad this update happened. These small quality of life features make all the difference!

1 Like

So does that mean that they won’t cache until a server restart? Please tell me that’s the case. I’ve used these APIs for a while because they’re simple to work with and cover for non-member data.

I hate having to use GroupService (which yields), then perform a long process of locating the group then fetching information from that information table, as well as covering for players who aren’t in the group.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.