Notes for Release 382

11 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Property float BillboardGui.CurrentDistance  [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated]
Added Property float BillboardGui.DistanceLowerLimit
Added Property float BillboardGui.DistanceStep
Added Property float BillboardGui.DistanceUpperLimit

Added Function Objects DataModel:GetObjectsAsync(Content url) {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Yields]
Added Function void Humanoid:ApplyDescriptionClientServer(Instance humanoidDescription) {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Yields]
Added Function void LocalizationService:SetRobloxLocaleId(string locale) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void RenderingTest:RenderdocTriggerCapture()

Added Event StudioService.OnSaveToRoblox(Objects instances) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

5 Likes

Does this mean that package auto-updating is already live?

3 Likes

Great update. Will make dynamically-generated SurfaceGuis much easier to make.

4 Likes

This actually got delayed to 383. Not sure why it appeared in here.

3 Likes

That level of detail though, when will it be live? Sorry Clone didn’t mean to reply to you

Thanks for the heads up! I’m curious about that bug though :thinking:

Auto updating is coming? :eyes:

Also, minor typo - “not” should be “now”.

2 Likes

I am both confused and slightly worried about what this means? Is moderation only a thing for people who use the feature before it’s live?

chrome_2019-04-25_09-31-24

1 Like

I think it means the mesh will be re-uploaded to have LOD data baked into it, and thus it will go through moderation again.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for the new billboard gui scaling properties. I just hope it allows me to do screenspace scaled billboards rather than just scaling with distance to adornee or only pixel size.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.