Release Notes for 388

Notes for Release 388

4 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class RobloxPluginGuiService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]

Added Class UIInlineLayout : UIGridStyleLayout
	Added Property Enum<InlineAlignment> UIInlineLayout.InlineAlignment

Added Property bool Studio.Show Roblox Plugin GUI Service in Explorer

Added Enum InlineAlignment
	Added EnumItem InlineAlignment.Bottom : 0
	Added EnumItem InlineAlignment.Center : 1
	Added EnumItem InlineAlignment.Top : 2

Added Tag [NotCreatable] to Class StarterPlayerScripts
Added Tag [NotCreatable] to Class StarterCharacterScripts

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

1 Like

What is a UIInlineLayout? The wiki is not yet updated.

1 Like

Hasn’t been enabled yet, but @0xabcdef1234 is the one behind it according to my sources.

1 Like

Following up on your question, I’ve dissected the behavior of the object and can now present this demo:

It appears to function as a hybrid of the UIGridLayout and UIListLayout objects:

• Elements are listed out in rows.
  • The vertical size of each row is determined by the tallest element in that row.
  • The InlineAlignment property determines the vertical alignment of the elements in each row.

Some limitations currently exist, though perhaps these will be expanded upon in the future:

• Elements cannot be listed in columns.
  • No padding between elements.
  • No starting corner.
9 Likes

What if InlineAlignment was just a value between 0 and 1 inclusive? (0 being top, 1 being bottom, 0.5 being center.) This would allow for more functionality without introducing a new enum.

1 Like

The primary intent of the inline layout is to provide rich-text support, so I’m not sure if this would be very intuitive.

3 Likes

We are still fixing some issues and make improvements according to the feedback. We do not want to make this available for all developers during this process as it might introduce unexpected breakage later on. We will officially announce it when we feel it is solid.
While if you are interested, you could try inserting several TextLabel, TextButtons and ImageLabel with this object with the feature on. You will see more clearly what it does.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.