Release Notes for 390

Notes for Release 390

12 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Function string StudioService:SerializeInstances(Objects instances) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Tag [Deprecated] to Property Instance.DataCost

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

4 Likes

What format does this output in I wonder?

As of right now, it just returns an empty string regardless of what you pass to it.
It might require a specific fast flag to be enabled, but I haven’t found anything yet.

:musical_note: I raise a hallelujaaaah :musical_note:
I’m hoping this means that players will actually spawn inside of buildings with low ceilings instead of just teleporting to the roof. Great change!

26 Likes

I remember them fixing this like 5 years ago and then it broke, glad to see it’s finally fixed again.

5 Likes

These API Changes lists would be a lot more convenient to read if you listed RobloxScriptSecurity tagged entries separately, because 95% of people here are not interested in those anyway since they can’t be used.

4 Likes

To be honest, I’d rather not. Although it may not be of much use to the general public, it’s useful for power users (who I believe are more likely to be consuming these feeds), as well as people who are curious about Roblox’s inner workings.

RobloxScriptSecurity members can be used if you have custom local plugins running from the BuiltInPlugins folder.

How would you go about with separating the feeds anyway? Would you want me to split the RobloxScriptSecurity changes into a collapsible block or something?

12 Likes

So, DataCost is now deprecated… It’s also LocalUserSecurity, which means it’s only accessible from the command bar. Why not just remove it outright if it’s not meant to be used anymore and it’s only accessible from one place?

It was, though it’s a little more complicated than that. Roblox used to have a whitelist of specific places owned by Roblox staff members. Places such as Crossroads and Sword Fights on the Heights IV were also in this whitelist.

These places had access to experimental APIs that were using the {RobloxPlaceSecurity} identity level. Those APIs have since been moved to {LocalUserSecurity}, as the whitelist system was phased out a couple years ago.

It would be nice if you could split them into separate code blocks or something. Just for readability, so that the majority of users can quickly gloss over the stuff that’s relevant to them.

1 Like

A separate text block with just the RobloxScriptSecurity changes would work, and in the highlighted web version adding a checkbox or so to filter out lines containing {RobloxScriptSecurity}. Separating them in 2 blocks here is probably just as useful if not more useful for power users that want to know more as well, clear visual distinction between the two.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.