Release Notes for 391

Notes for Release 391

18 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class AnalyticsService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]
	Added Property string AnalyticsService.ApiKey {LocalUserSecurity}
	Added Function void AnalyticsService:FireEvent(string category, Variant value)

Added Class VersionControlService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service]

Added Property bool PluginAction.Enabled {RobloxScriptSecurity} [<📁> Load-only] [NotReplicated]
Added Property int TextBox.SelectionStart
Added Property bool TextBox.TextEditable
Added Property float Texture.OffsetStudsU
Added Property float Texture.OffsetStudsV
Added Property UDim2 UIInlineLayout.InlinePadding

Added Function void RbxAnalyticsService:ReportToDiagByCountryCode(string featureName, string measureName, double seconds) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void Terrain:ImportHeightMap(string heightMapBinary, string colorMapBinary, Region3 region) {RobloxScriptSecurity} [CustomLuaState]

Added Event Terrain.TerrainProgressUpdate(float progressRatio) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Enum BreakReason
	Added EnumItem BreakReason.Other : 0
	Added EnumItem BreakReason.Error : 1
	Added EnumItem BreakReason.SpecialBreakpoint : 2
	Added EnumItem BreakReason.UserBreakpoint : 3

Added EnumItem ConnectionError.DisconnectBySecurityPolicy : 281
Added EnumItem ConnectionError.DisconnectBlockedIP : 282

Changed the parameters of Event ScriptDebugger.EncounteredBreak 
	  to: (int line, Enum<BreakReason> breakReason)

Removed Property ReflectionMetadataClass.PreferredParents

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

11 Likes

:angry:

To actually add something constructive though, I’m a bit disappointed this is RobloxScriptSecurity, if that wasn’t obvious. Is there a chance we’ll get normal access to this property in the future?

2 Likes

whewww boyyyy we’re in for a good time :eyes:

15 Likes

Text

43 Likes

Should we be able to notice this with less crashing on lower-end mobile devices like the iPhone 4S, or is it really minor?

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, it has been such a long time since I petitioned for this and it was “internally accepted”. Thank you!

4 Likes

I think they accelerated their action on the issue when I encountered it recently.
EDIT: Nope I was wrong about that.

1 Like

Now we just need SizeU, SizeV, OffsetStudsU, and OffsetStudsV for decal objects.

Not sure if we’re going to get that anytime soon though.

I think a Projection object would suffice, but Roblox’s already stated that can’t be done due to a ZBuffer or Performance issue.

3 Likes

Sorry, the credit goes to @Chiken983 for reminding me that this is still a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s somewhat minor. You’ll get ~16 bytes per instance handle back which translates to 16 MB per 1M instances.

2 Likes

Any idea when the text selection feature will go live?

I’m currently waiting on it to allow sharing of cursor settings at some of my places ( they have to copy a json of the settings from a text box to share with others / copy to other places )

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.