Release Notes for 404

Notes for Release 404

19 Likes

ā€œWhen we say computerā€¦ we mean the electronic computer!ā€ - Knife Party ā€˜404ā€™

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Property string StudioService.InstalledPluginData {RobloxScriptSecurity} [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated]

Added Function string StudioService:GetStartupPluginId() {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Event StudioService.OnPluginInstalledFromWeb(string pluginId) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Tag [Deprecated] to Function GlobalDataStore:OnUpdate

Removed Function DebuggerWatch:CheckSyntax
Removed Function StudioService:GetInstalledPluginData

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

11 Likes

I had very low expectations for this bug being fixed and itā€™s ended up in literally the next release after I posted the reportā€¦ I guess very cool, haha?

7 Likes

What? Why were these removed without any prior notice? I donā€™t personally use these controls but I know there are lots of games that do.

6 Likes

As listed in the Release Notes, the Quick Access Menu config dialog now supports multiselect! This has just been enabled.

Before:

After:

Also just enabled is disabled icon support for any instance. Previously only a small, hardcoded list of items (scripts and physics constraints) would have greyed out icons in the explorer when they were disabled, but now this is automatically applied to anything with an Enabled/Disabled property.

RobloxStudioBeta_2019-10-03_16-29-22

26 Likes

This is something Iā€™m worried about too. We have our control scripts forked and like to keep offering these movement modes to players (Why would we remove them if thereā€™s no reason to re-fork the scripts, especially if they offer less options?), it would be worrying if these options are removed from the settings menu and movement mode enums.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.