Release Notes for 417

Notes for Release 417

21 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Function int StudioService:LaunchBulkImport(int assetTypeToImport) {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Yields]
Added Function void Terrain:FillWedge(CFrame cframe, Vector3 size, Enum<Material> material)

Added Event ScriptContext.ErrorDetailed(string message, string stackTrace, Instance script, string details) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added EnumItem DraftStatusCode.DraftCommitted : 3

Added Tag [NotReplicated] to Property Sound.Playing
Added Tag [NotReplicated] to Property Sound.TimePosition

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

12 Likes

Is this intended to improve upon bulk imports in the future?

They might be moving it into Lua? There are no references to the function in my client tracker presently so I can only speculate. Could also be for some BuiltInPlugin prompting a bulk import.

1 Like

It’s weird that the ScriptContext.ErrorDetailed Event is listed as RobloxScriptSecurity. Having stack traces for errors would be amazing for multiple reasons. Currently you’d need to handle errors messages yourself and add debug.stacktrace() to your error handler when your code errors and that’s how you’d report errors with a stack trace. Currently LogService.MessageOut has no built-in ability to create or retrieve stack traces for errors and only contains two arguments so assuming the event was added for stack trace reporting I’m not sure why this wasn’t added to the existing developer accessible event.

4 Likes

You could always make a feature request.

1 Like

That’s true, I just find it interesting that it has the tag it does. My assumption at this point is just so that core scripts won’t rely on public features meaning Roblox can update, change, etc the event or even remove it if it isn’t used anymore.

2 Likes

ScriptContext.Error has what you’re looking for. ErrorDetailed is supposedly the same thing, but with a details parameter that contains who knows what.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.