Release Notes for 438

Will the final version of the rich text have bools instead of HTML stuff?

i guess you guys are still working on video frames?

What do you mean by this? There is no way to use bools to do t[color=green]hi[/color][color=red]s[/color] Btw, it isn’t using HTML like discussed above its just using XML, almost no html features are likely to be supported like in the browser I’d guess (I can dream I guess).

Additionally, yes VideoFrames are still being worked on. There are tons of features currently being worked on that are unreleased and not enabled, most of which are not even ready for beta.

Well i’m suggesting having bools or a rich text editor will be more suitable for beginners.

I’m not sure what you mean by bools, I don’t understand how it would be possible to use bools for rich text. We already have bold and italics fonts. A rich text editor might be nice, but, XML has an extremely simple syntax, it’s not too bad for beginners.

By bools, i mean toggleable properties, like Text.Bold, Text.Italic, Text.Underline, etc instead of having to edit said text.

This is already possible for the most part. I don’t exactly see a use case for having separate booleans but yeah I see what you mean now. You could make a feature request if you’d like but my assumption is that most people would just suggest using rich text since it’s both much more powerful and still easy to use.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.