Release Notes for 523

Notes for Release 523

37 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Function void AssetManagerService:InsertVideo(int64 assetId, string assetName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function RBXScriptSignal MaterialService:GetMaterialOverrideChanged(Enum.Material material) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Changed the security and serialization of Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorDown 
	  to: {None} [<💾|📁> Saves|Loads]

Changed the security and serialization of Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorLeft 

Changed the security and serialization of Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorRight 

Changed the security and serialization of Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorUp 

Changed the security and serialization of Property GuiBase2d.SelectionGroup 

Changed the security of Function GuiService:Select 
	  to: {None}

Removed Event AssetImportService.SettingsChanged

Removed Tags [Hidden] [NotReplicated] from Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorDown
Removed Tags [Hidden] [NotReplicated] from Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorLeft
Removed Tags [Hidden] [NotReplicated] from Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorRight
Removed Tags [Hidden] [NotReplicated] from Property GuiBase2d.SelectionBehaviorUp
Removed Tags [Hidden] [NotReplicated] from Property GuiBase2d.SelectionGroup

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

9 Likes

Cloud fonts HMMMM

Can we get a GetTextBoundsAsync or GetTextSize that takes rich text into account.

27 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen all issues resolved in a Release Note.
Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now it would be nice to see at least one of the nearly 30 Studio Bug Reports I have open and not fixed (some for more than 1 year), in addition to the hundreds of bug reports from other users. Not to mention the countless Studio Feature Requests that are not taken into account…

10 Likes

There’s just been a bit of a lul in shipped APIs recently due to coincidental alignment of multiple internal factors. This isn’t a new baseline though, things should be back to normal soon enough.

13 Likes

What exactly is this supposed to solve? I need to know if it’s worth my time updating my fork or not because I had to modify it a lot due to many other issues -_-

1 Like

Usage-wise, it allows custom shoulder camera or shift lock switch scripts to easily change those properties without having to use BindToRenderStep or RunService.RenderStepped to keep those changes. You don’t need to touch your fork if you don’t need this behavior.

I don’t think it’s actually live yet though, I didn’t notice any change when I updated my shift lock system.

This fixes a problem where the Mouse.Icon property doesn’t work if a player is using Camera Toggle mode. Mouse.Icon is often used for things like setting a custom crosshair cursor, or having a custom cursor when hovering a certain UI.

If you haven’t run into this issue or don’t care for the fix, then you don’t need to update your fork.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.