Release Notes for 524

Notes for Release 524

29 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Property int GuiObject.SelectionOrder [NotBrowsable]
Added Property bool ImporterMeshSettings.Manifold [ReadOnly]

Added Function void Humanoid:ApplyDescriptionReset(HumanoidDescription humanoidDescription, Enum.AssetTypeVerification assetTypeVerification = "Default") [Yields]
Added Function Enum.PropertyStatus MaterialService:GetOverrideStatus(Enum.Material material) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Event MaterialService.OverrideStatusChanged(Enum.Material material) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added EnumItem AccessoryType.Eyebrow : 18
Added EnumItem AccessoryType.Eyelash : 19
Added EnumItem AssetType.EyebrowAccessory : 76
Added EnumItem AssetType.EyelashAccessory : 77
Added EnumItem AvatarAssetType.EyebrowAccessory : 76
Added EnumItem AvatarAssetType.EyelashAccessory : 77
Added EnumItem BundleType.Shoes : 3

Added Tag [NotReplicated] to Property MaterialService.Use2022Materials

Changed the category of Property GuiObject.NextSelectionDown 
	  to: "Selection"

Changed the category of Property GuiObject.NextSelectionLeft 

Changed the category of Property GuiObject.NextSelectionRight 

Changed the category of Property GuiObject.NextSelectionUp 

Changed the category of Property GuiObject.Selectable 

Changed the serialization of Property MaterialService.Use2022Materials 
	  to: [<📁> LoadOnly]

Changed the parameters of Callback RemoteFunction.OnServerInvoke 
	  to: (Player player, Tuple arguments)

Removed Function StudioService:SerializeInstances

Removed Tag [Deprecated] from EnumItem Technology.Future
Removed Tag [NotBrowsable] from Property VoiceChatService.EnableDefaultVoice

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

17 Likes

:pray: I hope this isn’t a temporary toggle and it continues to remain supported - a majority of my experiences will severely disagree with the new default materials as far as aesthetic goes and it would be immensely costly to redo entire maps as a result of it (we rely heavily on terrain).

Any particular benchmarks we can go off of?

8 Likes

You can benchmark it yourself (the improvement will really depend on the specifics of your experience), but the particular change is not inserting the part into the broad phase tracking at all when all three properties are turned off, making it more similar in cost to a purely visual Instance like a HandleAdornment than a traditional physical part.

TL;DR: You’ll see the most improvement if you have a bunch of “visual effect” parts with all three properties disabled moving around all the time.

11 Likes

Something tells me 📁 and 💾 isn’t quite the right thing. Pretty sure that’s supposed to be the :floppy_disk: emoji or something, and I think the other is the :pencil2: emoji iirc.

Related to this, are plugin sales potentially going public soon? Or is there a process for becoming whitelisted for this that I missed? I’d like to create purchaseable plugins, but I think it’s been now more than a year that this has been out. I think it would be great if this feature were at least available for users who’ve verified with their ID assuming it’s meant to prevent backdoored, stolen, or botted plugins.

Excited to see these two! Physics changes & fixes (even if they’re minor) always get me hyped. Been especially excited for the CanCollide/CanQuery/CanTouch optimizations to finally go live, I know a decent amount of stuff I’ve created in the last few months is going to benefit from that :smile:

1 Like

Added general protocol handler string parsing module helpers.

That is 6 confusing adjectives in a row. What does this mean?

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.