Release Notes for 525

Notes for Release 525

38 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class FaceAnimatorService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]
	Added Property bool FaceAnimatorService.AudioAnimationEnabled {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Hidden] [NotReplicated]
	Added Property bool FaceAnimatorService.FlipHeadOrientation {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Hidden] [NotReplicated]
	Added Property bool FaceAnimatorService.VideoAnimationEnabled {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Hidden] [NotReplicated]

Added Class ScriptCloneWatcherHelperV2 : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]

Added Property string ReflectionMetadataItem.SliderScaling

Added Function Array CollectionService:GetAllTags() {🧬Safe}

Added Event CollectionService.TagAdded(string tag)
Added Event CollectionService.TagRemoved(string tag)
Added Event GuiBase2d.SelectionChanged(bool amISelected, GuiObject previousSelection, GuiObject newSelection)

Added EnumItem DeveloperMemoryTag.GeometryCSG : 24

Changed the serialization of Property MaterialService.Use2022Materials 
	  to: [<🕒> RuntimeOnly]

Removed Property Instance.PropertyStatusStudio

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

16 Likes

YES!

Whoever worked on this deserves a bonus! Thank you so much

32 Likes

For some reason, only on this specific release notes page, there’s a deprecation message at the top.

Is this supposed to be here? It’s not on any other pages and the new docs site only became an open beta pretty recently.

6 Likes

Im pretty sure it is, because as they add new stuff they aren’t going to update the hub.

This is similar to what happened with the OG wiki subdomain IIRC. DevHub is going bye bye eventually, so, now is definitely the time to complain about issues (I say, not having complained about the issues I do have with the new one LOL)

On that note, I’d also love to know if there is a correct location for these kinds of complaints as I couldn’t really find one, especially one that isn’t a super crowded section without much regulation like bug reports and engine feature are.

Also :eyes:

Actually kind of exciting. Will probably be useful for Tag Editor plugins. I also like that this could sort of allow for dynamically managing tags a little better through code.

2 Likes

The banner will be showing up on the rest of the site as well, the Developer Hub is being deprecated in favor of our new and improved Roblox Creator Documentation.

6 Likes

The creator hub documentation is not an improvement. Roblox keeps releasing new features like this before they are ready. There is no information about metatables on the “new and improved” docs

Roblox did the same thing with the Talent hub. It’s missing a lot of features and feels very unfinished yet it was still released and called “new and improved” while the collaboration category was closed

Also the “new and improved” page still links to the developer hub

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.