Notes for Release 526

44 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Property float Studio.Main Volume {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Property bool Studio.Show Navigation Labels {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Property Enum.WrapLayerAutoSkin WrapLayer.AutoSkin

Added Function void AssetImportService:Cancel() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void MetaBreakpoint:SetContextEnabled(int context, bool enabled) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void SessionService:RemoveSessionsWithMetadataKey(string key) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Enum WrapLayerAutoSkin
	Added EnumItem WrapLayerAutoSkin.Disabled : 0
	Added EnumItem WrapLayerAutoSkin.EnabledPreserve : 1
	Added EnumItem WrapLayerAutoSkin.EnabledOverride : 2

Changed the security of Property UserGameSettings.MasterVolume 
	  to: {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Removed Class ReplicatedScriptService

Removed Property GameSettings.AdditionalCoreIncludeDirs
Removed Property GameSettings.OverrideStarterScript
Removed Property Studio.OverrideCoreScripts
Removed Property Studio.OverrideCoreScriptsDir
Removed Property Studio.Show Navigation Areas

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

19 Likes

The security change for UserGameSettings.MasterVolume made my game unplayable for a few hours. I use it to reduce overhead while the game is muted (for example it doesn’t need to do audio raycasts while it’s raining, or attach sounds to custom characters while they run.)

Is there anything else unsafe that I should be using pcall with?

34 Likes

Good job engineers!

This feature currently is only enabled in Studio and requires opting into the corresponding beta feature; once we gather enough feedback to make sure the implementation is solid, it will be enabled in live experiences.

though I don’t agree with not making it enabled for live games because we can only test our game in studio and it’s impossible to allow Testers to test the game at way

21 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about this.

Generally this is the kind of straightforward low level feature where it should become apparent whether it’s broken pretty quickly rather than it having extremely subtle edge cases which require significant gameplay testing to uncover (compared to something like replication changes where they can break things in ways that only come up in exceedingly rare circumstances).

10 Likes

The Shift + P freecam for developers does not work anymore after this release.

24 Likes

It works in play solo but not in live games.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.