Release Notes for 539

Notes for Release 539

50 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

TBD

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

8 Likes

no more cutting and pasting for a weld to generate :tada:

17 Likes

I contributed this :slight_smile:

58 Likes

Added a context menu option to select parent objects in Studio.

This is pretty nice, but seems a little frivolous? I am curious why this was built before other things. Thereā€™s limited space in the context menu, and weā€™re still waiting for context menu tools to expand/collapse explorer folds. That is way higher priority I would imagine considering how widespread explorer clutter and navigation challenges are. You need only look up a few threads to see how disruptive the lack of this feature is.

8 Likes

Itā€™s way more useful than it seems at first. Iā€™ve been loving using it so far even in my local development copy of Studio, especially when used with a hotkey to jump to the right place in the explorer looking at complex places.

11 Likes

This will pair perfectly with ā€œSelect Childrenā€. I canā€™t believe how much Iā€™ve been missing this.

9 Likes

Humanoid componentisation? :flushed:

32 Likes

A Humanoid is a Humanoid! You canā€™t just say itā€™s half a Humanoid!

On a serious note, itā€™s great to see that the new character controllers are being worked on.

14 Likes

I canā€™t believe I am alive to finally see the day. tysm

9 Likes

If yā€™all are thinking about adding ads before a user joins a game (in the place of the default loading screen), Iā€™m deleting my account.

8 Likes

They intentionally removed that to improve UX / engagement some years back, so I doubt it. Guessing this is for background advertisements inside games. (e.g. up to the dev to find the right placement)

6 Likes

Is %* intended to be used in normal calls to string.format, or is it just an implementation detail of how string interpolation is going to be implemented (might be removed in the future)?

1 Like

This would be a game changer. Hopefully itā€™s far more robust in movement options (regarding acceleration, momentum, etc) than normal Humanoid movement!

3 Likes

Hypothetically, itā€™s a bit weird to have Roblox advertising directly in a game. Even though, as you suggest, placement could be developer choiceā€¦ I feel like it breaches some boundary that conflicts developer motives with Robloxā€™s. If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™m still not in favor of it. It wouldnā€™t make much sense unless youā€™re advertising other games inside any singular game. Time will tell though.

1 Like

Iā€™m not personally a big fan of this kind of advertising either, but IMO as long as there are ways to turn off targeted advertising, and I can choose not to play games where the dev badly implemented advertisements, and the fact that adding ads will always need an explicit action from me as a developer for my own games, I think it will be okay. It could be a nice extra revenue stream for folks.

3 Likes

%* is also intended to be used in regular string.format calls and we plan to leave it there once fully enabled.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.