Release Notes for 561

Notes for Release 561

15 Likes

Blocks an exploit where hackers can manipulate dead body parts in an offensive manner.

If this works, that would be great! No more seeing hackers animate their character inappropiately. But in what way is this blocked? I don’t know, maybe the fix could cause an issue for some games. Or maybe it could cause visible physics stuttering of dead body parts?

6 Likes

This would fix one exploit that allows exploiters to animation characters, but this one is pretty bad because the exploiters can animate the characters how ever they want.

Unless games move the body parts on the client it shouldn’t cause problems.

I am curious how the ownership is handled and if it causes stuttering. If this is a problem though I bet there will be a report of it.

I doubt this is fixing the issue you are thinking about, notice the emphasis that this specifically fixed manipulation on dead body parts. Also, dead body-parts cannot have animations (as they have no joints) and as a result this shouldn’t affect many games.

2 Likes

Will say that in some rare cases it does cause issues, impulses can no longer be applied to dead players which is negatively impacting my ragdoll death in my Roblox experience. Can we please have some way to disable this as it damages any client death systems we may have?

1 Like

Exploiters can kill their player (but prevent respawn), and be able to freely move their dead limbs with physics to mimic animations. I don’t know how they do this though, I never looked into it. Unfortunately I can’t find any videos which are slightly appropriate to show this.

1 Like

I know it just says dead body parts but is there a way to patch it working for alive body parts? I’ve seen people turn their characters into a specific anti-Semitic symbol but they seem to still be alive (no empty healthbar and they still have clothes). I doubt it’s something that can be patched though considering animations are done on the client but not sure.

1 Like

I’m getting a really nasty jitter on my ragdoll after this update, please allow revert or provide an alternative thanks

1 Like

The “solution” Roblox implemented cannot be implemented for alive characters, their “solution” was to simply set the NetworkOwnership of dead characters (a few frames after the Humanoid enters Enum.HumanoidStateType.Dead) to the server which makes dead character movement choppy and breaks client-sided death systems (such as applying impulses, etc.), this NetworkOwnership change is also forced and cannot be reverted. At this current state this already damages games, trust me, you do not want this to be implemented for alive characters.

1 Like

So it turns out some kids had the bright idea to assort their character’s body parts into a swastika. Now I figure this isn’t avoidable nor permitted on Roblox so naturally, I understand why Roblox placed limits on the physics of character body parts. The workaround is we set network ownership to the server momentarily while the client is supposed to be ragdolled, then give the player ownership back after.

1 Like

the CLOVR full body vr exploit thing isnt inappropriate.

You know, I spend hours trying to figure out why the parts of a character don’t get blasted away when hit by the force of a nuclear explosion with other parts are. Now I know.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.