Release Notes for 569

Release Notes for 569

29 Likes

why is everything pending?

anyways I’m glad to see these changes in the future

7 Likes

Extremely excited, for the terrain smooth brush improvement.
What kind of performance improvement can we expect?

4 Likes

I didn’t know TextTransparency was being clamped, so thanks for fixing that! I bet the preformance boost from not rendering text at 0.996 to 1 would be almost nothing, but it’s fine.

5 Likes

Part transparency is also clamped, but I didn’t think anyone noticed it.

If I remember correctly, it starts at 0.11 and ends at 0.98.

4 Likes

That’s a great update! However, why doesn’t the previous release note appear?

2 Likes

Both 568 and 569 will appear in the navigation with the next site update (so most likely in the next day!).

4 Likes

Pending means not released yet

There is one from 345 that are still pending

3 Likes

Sometimes the flags related to these release notes change, like Feature123 changing to Feature123b. The release notes depend on the original name, and so when the status of Feature123b changes to Live, the release notes don’t catch that because they’re only looking for changes to Feature123, which will likely never be updated again.

There’s an automated process that updates the page to reflect whether a feature is live, but it sometimes fails for reasons like above.

This doesn’t mean the feature hasn’t been released yet.

3 Likes

We are working on improvements to Release Notes, including the issues with stuck pending items, talked about some of it here: Release Notes for 565 - #13 by WheretIB

Although I don’t expect those fixes to update 345 release page.

I checked and this item from the image was released.

2 Likes

What’s RuntimeSource?

1 Like

We’re restructuring how plugins interact with the Source property + open editors etc. There will be detailed info on it before anything changes.

5 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for the canvas group changes as well, I might actually use them now.

1 Like

One Question, Can we use RuntimeSource for URLs as-well? I have a plugin which loads Raw Code into a LuaSourceContainer

Not sure what you mean by that, elaborate?

I have a plugin which imports raw code by a link, and RuntimeSource is Plugin Security, so I’m wondering if we can use it for Links

It’s great the the luau type inference is being improved upon, but I wish the same logic applied to break and continue as well

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.