Release Notes for 588

omg we actually got this, les go!

18 Likes

This is a really good update! My only concern is the plan to automatically switch all csg to the latest version, unless the user manually requests to go back. If it affects premade csg, that’s a dangerous idea. If it doesn’t, it SHOULD be fine

19 Likes

The CSG team are handling things as carefully and respectfully as possible. They’re very responsive on this thread with anyone who runs into issues: Studio Beta: CSG Has a New Engine - Vroom, Vroom, Vroom!

19 Likes

Really nice!

Looking forward to the return or CSGV2, or the reversion of this update, or the option to toggle the old cylinders, as having to migrate every single union on an aircraft just to make a livery can be time-consuming.

15 Likes

We requested and were granted, and the wait was well worth it.

I hope there are more updates like this one in the future.

8 Likes

Two important new features implemented for debugging were not mentioned in this Release Note, and I only knew about them because I was alerted by another user:

This is something I have been warning about for a long time: establish more objective communication with users. Take note of the forum thread that generated the feature or fix request, and let the OP know in that same thread.
This will make it much easier and reduce hassle.

9 Likes

i love how roblox changes the ToS to take away dev rights and doesn’t mention it on devforum, then goes ahead and continues as normal

10 Likes

they didn’t they just made it so you’re going to be the one sued if you’re infringing on copyright, which is how it should have been from the start

this is also not the place for it

16 Likes

Great news, would save Developers a lot of work from proxies, so thank you for this update!

9 Likes

This is wonderful news!, HttpService will be a lot more helpful for me atleast,

“tostring() is now ~2x faster, tonumber() is now ~1.5x faster” – This will definitely help with performance as i tend to use these two quite often!

Overall, Looking forward to this and more! :smile:

6 Likes

Woah, they just let these features go public unannounced? … unusual to say the least :thinking:

5 Likes

This new Roblox update has caused multiple issues to my macOS Apple Silicon client(both Intel and native versions)

Every time I am in any text field focused like the chat and I press Esc it exits FullScreen.
And also attempting to private message someone also doesn’t work and causes a weird glitch.

Does anyone else has such problems in the macOS Clients?

5 Likes

We finally might be able to use Roblox API in Roblox :tada: (I have no clue why the official API was inaccessible through HttpService before)

6 Likes

HttpService is now allowed to make requests to specific Roblox domains.

mean this that hackers not can use his own domains for hacking and exploiting

5 Likes

That doesn’t have anything to do with exploiting; it just allows developers to send web requests to specified Roblox Domains

10 Likes

:eyes:

14 Likes

I (and a few others) have noticed a bunch of new audio instances, can we get an update on what these are for? Audio effect racks in Roblox?

4 Likes

They’re likely replacements for the current SoundEffects

4 Likes

And they didn’t announce those?!? Im hyped anyways, those are amazing looking.

2 Likes

These features are unannounced because they are not ready to be announced yet. :happy1:
Edit: Meant to reply to @IdontPlayz343, my bad.

7 Likes